clutch done

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamster66

Reaction score
got the clutch done tonight!
NEW steel plates....friction plates.....and everything else...the works!
WHOLLY SH*T.....never knew what a new system felt like!
Changed the oil.....went with what Chris said....Rotella 5w40 (16.00 and change at walmart....plus my 10% discount for working there)
Yamalube is 32.00 a gallon! WAY too much!

changed to rotella 5/40 1000 miles ago..bike didnt miss a beat clutch works great....and you know at startups oil is pumping through right away

Dang I can't wait to get my friction plates in; been riding to work all week with a weak clutch and it sucks to ride like an old fart because I have too:bang head:

is it bad to ride with a slightly slipping clutch?

Rusty

Dang I can't wait to get my friction plates in; been riding to work all week with a weak clutch and it sucks to ride like an old fart because I have too:bang head:

is it bad to ride with a slightly slipping clutch?

Rusty
What friction plates are you going with rusty? I feel for ya , a worn clutch does suck . :banana:Well a prolonged time riding with worn clutch .I would assume it would eventually warp the steel plates. and clutch boss. ride easy you should be fine .

Last edited:
got the clutch done tonight!
NEW steel plates....friction plates.....and everything else...the works!
WHOLLY SH*T.....never knew what a new system felt like!
Changed the oil.....went with what Chris said....Rotella 5w40 (16.00 and change at walmart....plus my 10% discount for working there)
Yamalube is 32.00 a gallon! WAY too much!

Let me know what ya think of that oil. I can't ride and probably won't for the next couple months! :bang head:

Going in for surgery soon!:stickyman:

I know everybody says the Yamaha clutch is best, but would a PCW kit be "good enough" ? I'm not a hot-shoe - just looking for an economical clutch & I like the idea of a little bit stronger spring without the full DD. Should I be saving for factory parts instead ?

I ordered stock plates, and an extra spring. If I can't handle the extra spring I'll pull it back out.

Rusty

I know everybody says the Yamaha clutch is best, but would a PCW kit be "good enough" ? I'm not a hot-shoe - just looking for an economical clutch & I like the idea of a little bit stronger spring without the full DD. Should I be saving for factory parts instead ?

I have the PCW and I think it is great. Nice lever feel and zero slippage!

Mike

Latest posts

Back