ECU/ICU issues

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MWR

Reaction score
looking for help with a 1999 VMAX1200 -3UF on ecu box, dropped # 3 triggering to coil?- hence no spark, everything else checks OK
has anyone encountered this problem? do ALL 14 plug ECU's fit i.e. 2005 etc with different numbers on box
mine has:
TID14-95 B
3UF-11
thank you

They will fit but not sure if all will work as required the French (3LR) and Japaneses (?) market bikes were restricted so probably best avoided.
The others probably OK (?).
I've attached a fault finding and repair procedure that I downloaded which may help.

If you decide that the ICU is goosed then an alternative would be to fit an Ignitech unit - a search on here will give more info.

It would also be helpful if you gave some info about your bike in your profile (Year and market) so we know what spec we are dealing with.

Attachments

• ICU fault finding and repair.pdf
    13.7 KB · Views: 1
thanks Steve, yes the ECU is goosed, we have eliminated every thing else, mine is 3UF restricted jap import, 1993 , I think with v-boost, so a anew ecu needed
single trigger on crank

thanks Steve, yes the ECU is goosed, we have eliminated every thing else, mine is 3UF restricted jap import, 1993 , I think with v-boost, so a anew ecu needed
single trigger on crank
1990-2007 will interchange for you. I do have used OEM or I also sell new Ignitech CDI kits.

cost please on OEM and is it a restricted type:
TID14-93 -14 pins?

I do normally try to send them out pre-programmed but not sure if I have one programmed and ready. I do add my customers to the ignitech drop box to allow you to make changes as well.

Back