Finally finished my '85

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barber1303

Reaction score
This thing has been occupying my lift for the past 5 years as I struggled to muster the motivation to finish powder coating the engine following a transmission rebuild (failed 2nd gear). It's 1985 serial # 1170. So happy it's finally done and I can get on to other projects with the luxury of the lift. Completed several other motorcycle/scooter service activities in the meantime working on the floor...ugh. Can't wait to get this beast back on the road this spring!

IMG_1597.jpg

Last edited:
Well I don't feel so bad now rebuilding myn85 and taking so long. It is however in need of an engine rebuild so why not repaint too. I figure it's a 5 year project but I also don't have a lift and pretty much had to take time a read hundreds of posts to take the engine apart successfully and store all parts organized. Looks like a great build and very original. Fantastic job! This is my frame I primed, currently painting and getting engine ready to paint.

Attachments

• IMG_20240130_153250.jpg
    IMG_20240130_153250.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 1
This thing has been occupying my lift for the past 5 years as I struggled to muster the motivation to finish powder coating the engine following a transmission rebuild (failed 2nd gear). It's 1985 serial # 1170. So happy it's finally done and I can get on to other projects with the luxury of the lift. Completed several other motorcycle/scooter service activities in the meantime working on the floor...ugh. Can't wait to get this beast back on the road this spring!

View attachment 92871
Wow!! That looks great!! How many miles did you get before having to do all of this??

It's a really nice build I like it! I think I have #696 in the series going by serial and VIN on frame.

Attachments

• 20240130_132640.jpg
    20240130_132640.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
Back