Front fork adjustment & o rings, etc…

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vman23

Reaction score
Hi everybody. Gonna attempt to get my brothers bike going this weekend. Couple question.
1. the coolant drain valve is leaking. I know there is 0 ring. I assume I can get it at my local hardware store. Correct?
2 front forks air adjustment. It’s says to use a hand pump. I can’t use an air compressor even if I turn the psi down? It says something abt a prope gauge. Um. Tire gauge is not gd enough?
3. the drain valve for gas tank. Where is it on the tank? Picture doesn’t show it gd enough. He left the tank full. It’s varnish. If I can’t get to the drain valve or get access to it. I am just gonna pump it out. To remove the tank is more a hassle.
thanks.

1. I bought an O-ring from the hardware store, but it was slightly thinner than the OEM O-ring I ordered and ended up using. I think if you can find a replacement metric O-ring it will be a better fit.

2. I use a dial type inflater gage for the fork, just set the pressure output gauge on low. It doesn't take much air volume to get to 10 PSI.

3. you can remove the fuel tank in less than an hour. I recently done my tank; I removed the rear wheel, fender, left rear shock and the left rear frame brace which made it easy.

Last edited:
You can use a compressor, as-said, set for a low pressure, and just touch & remove from the schrader valve. You will probably see the fork spring upwards as you do it. The early narrow dia. fork downtubes have a single schrader valve, the 1993-07 bikes have one in the top downtube cap of each side, two total.

Back