Front Tire Advice

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackjack

Reaction score
I am currently running a new Metzeler 880 H in the rear and want to replace the original factory Dunlop on the front. It appears there are 2 types which I listed below. My question is there any other preference other than speed rating and tread style I should be considering? The 880 tread style would match the same as the rear; however, the Lasertec thread style may look better.:confused2:

Any suggestion on best place to purchase as well, the below site seems to have good pricing that includes shipping?

Should the valve stem be replaced each time you change out the tire like on a car? If so is there a better place to get one other than the stealership?

How about the Dyna Beads vs lead weights for balancing, any advice will be appreciated?

110/90V-18 (61V) Metzeler Lasertec

Click Here!

110/90-18 (61H) Metzeler ME880 Marathon

Click Here!
[FONT=&quot]If you prefer to give a hyperlink or picture a click on "t[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If you prefer to give a hyperlink or picture a click on "title" just post t[/FONT]
[FONT=[/COLOR]

I run the 880 rear, lasertec front on my '06 and really like the combo. The lasertec tread isn't anything exciting to look at but it performs very well, is light (which reduces rotating mass) and was the only change I made that affected my low speed wobblle.....it nearly eliminated it!

The other changes were steering head bearings, wheel bearings, a check/lube of the swingarm bearings and a replacement of the right side removable frame section (which was bent).

I run the 880's front and back and am very happy with them. I put them on last su mmer and rode up into Canada over through South Dakota and back home. They still look new. No burnouts, but plenty of boost. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Good luck Rand.

I run the ME880 front and rear also, and am very pleased with the mileage/wear. I also run the dynabeads and am happy with them as well. I installed them after I developed a slight vibration after a reputable dealer mounted/balanced my tires. Some say dynabeads are "snakeoil", but they worked for me!

I run the ME880 front and rear also, and am very pleased with the mileage/wear. I also run the dynabeads and am happy with them as well. I installed them after I developed a slight vibration after a reputable dealer mounted/balanced my tires. Some say dynabeads are "snakeoil", but they worked for me!

What oz bag size of beads are required for the front tire?

Hey Roland; check out cycle gear for the tires i,am not sure if there is cycle gear store near you, but they usually have really good deals on tires. I also run the dyna beads and they realy do work, looks better without those lead weights too. just like dannymax says 1oz. in the front 2oz. in the rear you will need to buy the starter kit 1st it comes with the install bottle and i think a 2oz. bag then a 1oz. bag for the front, check what size bag comes in the kit not 100% sure

Back