Got My Truck Professionally Appraised, Marketing Help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
It's a 1998 Dodge Ram SS/T. here's the Appraisal, Somewhat Recent Pictures ( A Few New Parts Have Been Added. Appraisal Pictures are in Every Direction ) and Back Up Data on the Famous People the Appraiser has done Appraisals for.. Now, How the Crap do I get the word to the right person??? The price is OBO....

Dave

Dodge%201.png

Tires3.jpg

Tires2.jpg

Dodge%202.png

dodge%203.png

The appraisals are always good for insurance purposes but the sale price will only be what someone will pay for it. I have no idea what the true market is and I would think it should be in the range of what the guy quoted you.

You can try the various collector car advertising places and magazines as well as the conventional stuff. Places like craigslist are free to advertise but not as much exposure as something like ebay.

Although it is a low production vehicle, with all the Hemi trucks you see running around it might be a tough sell to anyone but a Dodge purist that is rounding out a collection.

I would list it in Hemmings for exposure to the right people.

I understand that the run of the mill SS/T has a book value of $5,000 tops. The appraisal even freaked me out for $21,500. I don't expect to get the full appraisal amount.

I've been a member of an SS/T Forum for over a decade and there are some people in the country have never seen one of these trucks in
person. The Hemi is a great marketing tool but the mods I've done make short work of most.

Consider that prior to this appraisal I was trying to get my head around the possibility of taking $8,500. I have a lot of flexibility on the price and
I still come out way ahead. I talked with my bank and they will loan 80% of the appraised value. It's like Skullduggery. Without an appraisal it's worth a max of what the book states and I want $400 to $500 more the way she sits.

This appraisers values are legit. He's done appraisals for a lot of famous people and collections. He's the only person in Florida who can testify for lost value when someone hits you. A wrecked vehicle's value is gone. The vehicle is only new once to a collector.

Thanx for your inputs of places to advertise so I can get the most out of my truck.... I respect you all and this is the only place I've asked for help.

Your only a few miles from the bad part of town just park it there for a weekend & get the most out of it.:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

+1, probably the only way to get good money out of it since people will go buy blue book and won't be willing to do blue book x4. Would be a shame though as that is one kick ass truck.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Shit dave,You obviously put a lot of tlc into it,Hope you find someone that loves it,And sees the attn to detail,And love you have poured into it.Best of luck my friend wish you the best.

Your only a few miles from the bad part of town just park it there for a weekend & get the most out of it.:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

That wouldn't be right to do something like that.. :ummm::confused2::rofl_200:

Finally scanned appraisal pictures. Sorry they go in several directions. Interior won Best in Show in a statewide show.

Dodge%20AP7.png

Dodge%20AP2.png

Dodge%20AP1.png

Dodge%20AP6.png

Dodge%20AP3.png

Dodge%20AP5.png

Dodge%20AP4.png

Latest posts

Back