Hello -New to the forum and the VMAX

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 80459

Reaction score
Finally I have a bike with enough power -bought a 2017 VMAX last week and after 5 rides now, I'm also thinking that it handles quite well and is really fun to ride. I took the wife on back for her first ride and she was quite impressed that it was a comfortable (liked the Corbin). Just for reference, I'm a 71 y.o. rider and here are some previous bikes I remember. The motorcycle "affliction" started during grade-school back in the 1960's when my father brought home a brand new Bridgestone 90cc and let me ride it. After that, I was totally hooked, and I remember a 60's Yam trail 80, 60's Yam trail 100, 60's Kawasaki 175 something, oil-leaking Harley Pan-Head chopper we built in my parents garage, 60's Honda 90, 1968 Yamaha Big Bear, Honda 350 Scrambler, 1970 Norton Commander. The dirt bikes we rode after high school were mostly Huskys, with some team Husky racing on a 510. Through the years the bikes I owned had increasingly better brakes as well as handling. Some are collectables now. As for the bigger road bikes, most were Harleys, but a I had a few Kaw's in there too (perhaps somewhat nostalgic now and certainly mixed with frustration, for various reasons, were most of the Harleys). After the Pan-head with the peanut tank, I had a pre-evolution Sportster, several evo-Sportsters, two Dyna's, several Kaw Vulcans (including a 2000 cc classic that I wish I still had), late model Fat Bobs with stage 2 and 3 kits, and some others. The last "built" Harley, I sold last year and almost bought another this spring, but decided to look for a bike that had high-HP from the factory. And it really didn't need to be (and perhaps can't be) a comfort cruiser. In my experience, more power has almost always meant more fun. So far, I am really impressed with the VMAX; it out powers my expectations and handles very well. 'Probably going to try and make it a little more 2-up friendly without losing the solo, street-muscle fee. I like to keep the perspective of "ride for fun and keep every ride safe". At my age, I prefer shorter distances rides, so the small range of the VMAX fuel tank isn't much of a negative -just a little more planning for fuel stops, and an opportunity to stretch and refresh along the way. I Hope you are all doing well and I really appreciate the knowledge and good advice I see on the forum. Best regards to everyone, Bruce

Welcome, your bike journeys have brought you to a good choice. With that breadth of motorcycle ownership, you've had some experiences which have formed a path for your current choice.

1688685275695.png
Yamaha 350cc Big Bear Scrambler

1688685433163.png
1688685924054.png

Honda CL350 Scrambler

1688685503679.png

1688685634233.png

1688685817821.png

Yes, those are some of the great early bikes from back in the day. Here's a pic of the VMAX my wife took today in Boise.

Attachments

• VMAX.JPG
    VMAX.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 0
Back