Help finding new tires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bplaizier

Reaction score
First, I have looked at every tire post on here and got some great info. However I'm still not sure what to do. I'm looking for new tires for the 1700 with the 240 rear tire mod. I've only had it for about a year and never purchased tires for it before. currently it has a scorcher ll T on the front and Commander ll on the back. The front is worn out and the rear is getting there so I thought I'd replace both at the same time. I sort of want to get a matching set and after much searching the only matching tires I can find is the Metzler ME888 and the Bridgestone Battlecruise H50. As far as I can tell these are the only ones that make a matching front and rear tires in 120/70r18 and 240/40r18. I'm not looking for high mileage tire, but more something with good traction. What's everyone doing for tires and has anyone one had experience with either tire? A side note, I did contact Avon and Michelin directly, and both told me that they don't make a matching set for my bike and that they don't recommend putting different model tires on the bike and it would void there warranty.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back