I so bummed...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frank5079

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spent most of the work day yesterday moving parts(I work at a dealership) to our van for our move to a new building. Arms felt like spaghetti and I was really tired. The wife and I went to church later that evening for our evening bible study. We got a bite to eat and I left for home after that. She on the other hand had to stop by the store to pick up a few items. Long story short I get ready to pull up my grave driveway that has a 20° incline. I cannot begin to tell how many times I have made it up that. Well that night was an exception because I went on slower than normal and lost it halfway up and dumped my bike on its side. I rolled off the bike, skinned my left knee,(but my pant leg was't ripped) and got a small scratch on the left side of my lid. There's just something so disturbing about seeing one's bike laying on its side.

Well I hooked a tow strap to the right case guard and had my daughter put her truck in 4wd and she pulled while I held the front brake after the tires touched ground. Aside from a few scratches on the left mirror and the left side exhaust canisters, the Max looks okay...

Glad damage was minimal to you both. I've seen my baby on it's side, it sucked.
+1
Gravel roads, tree roots, forgetting to put the sidestand down (yup, you read that right) - my bike usually goes over once per season. Fortunately, all low or no speed tips.
But with case savers front and rear, plus an attached roll bar up front, damage has only amounted to a turn signal.
Tip-over protection spoils the lines of any bike, IMO, but saves a ton of money, and probably a few broken bones, if you stay with the bike as it topples.
Cheers!

If you want a nice stock exhaust to fix your rash, I think I have one on the shelf, I'm just over in Lexington! :punk:

Thank god your all right. A few years ago an acquaintance of mine was riding with a friend. Neither of them were wearing helmets and as he rolled up to a stop sign his riding buddy bumped him and he went over, basically from a stop and whacked his head....hard. He didn't make it. As has been said many a time bikes can be fixed or replaced.....

What a sad story! A little thing like a tip-over turns into a tragedy, and it didn't need to be.

I have a long-time acquaintance who's a lifelong H-D rider, he's close to age 70, and he just converted his dresser to a trike. He still doesn't wear a helmet because in FL age 21+ you don't have to. I tried to give him one, and he turned me down. I hope I never get that call about him, like you heard about your friend.

Helmets have saved my cabeza on a bicycle, a motorcycle and as a firefighter/paramedic. Just don't ride without one.

Thank god your all right. A few years ago an acquaintance of mine was riding with a friend. Neither of them were wearing helmets and as he rolled up to a stop sign his riding buddy bumped him and he went over, basically from a stop and whacked his head....hard. He didn't make it. As has been said many a time bikes can be fixed or replaced.....

Glad that it wasn't worse and that you are OK. Machines are repairable, it's only a big deal in your head!

Latest posts

Back