Kawi two-stroke 500 home-built like you've never seen

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you like two-stroke triples? I do. Here's a clever one, wait 'till you see the expansion chambers and gas tank-they've switched positions!

https://youtu.be/ipbxYtXcFJM

My first performance street bike was a Kawi 500 in the early 1970's. I loved 'giving it the berries' and embarassing the H-D boys especially. My roommate had a brand-new Sportster, the first year of the 61 cu inch (1000 cc) engine, and he never beat me.

More on this build: http://thekneeslider.com/xj500t-jaybuilt-kawasaki-500-bellytank-triple/
Supposed to weigh 310 lb. and geared for only 120 mph! You're probably shifting gears every 2-3 seconds geared like that, when you're dragging it.

The video soundtrack has a distinct 'flat' sound to it for the pipes. Not what I was expecting.

One of the commenters in the 'kneeslider' thread commented on fitting a Suzuki 500 Titan two-stroke twin into a CBR600. I think that would be fun. If you had the Suzuki engine, CBR's of earlier vintage are plentiful and cheap. Probably the #1 thing you would have to check for is the un-crashed condition.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 52
Does that pic I linked in my response show for you guys? It's just a line of text on my end.
:ummm:

This a verry good set-up

It brings me lots of memories
My first bike was Kawa H1 1971 (the one on video is earlyer; no ignition distributer)
Not modifyed that much but i swap the motor for a 1972 H2 with expention chambers
creaaaaaaasy bike

I used the"attachment" link from this reply area. I usually always upload from a third party site.........

Is this any bigger?

2014_10_27 001.jpg

I just wanted to post a pic of my baby....................

This time I can see it. It is pretty small. I'll have to go back to using Photoshop I guess..................

The Kawi in two-tone white & green appears as a picture, and if I click on it, the size increases to most of the screen. I like Kawi triples, that's a good-lookin' one & a 750, bet it runs well for you.

The only thing I didn't care for on my 500 Mach III was the buzziness, low-amplitude, high-frequency. I felt it most in the grips, and it tended to stay w/me for a bit after I got off the bike. Being young, I just dealt w/it, but now, I would probably try a bar snake or something.

The Kawi in two-tone white & green appears as a picture, and if I click on it, the size increases to most of the screen. I like Kawi triples, that's a good-lookin' one & a 750, bet it runs well for you.

The only thing I didn't care for on my 500 Mach III was the buzziness, low-amplitude, high-frequency. I felt it most in the grips, and it tended to stay w/me for a bit after I got off the bike. Being young, I just dealt w/it, but now, I would probably try a bar snake or something.

Even worse on the H2s (750cc). I modified the cases and rubber mounted this motor. What an improvement!

Back