My new custom 2000 VMAX

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texas-ss-tornado

Reaction score
You ever see a bike on Craigslist and just KNOW it's too good to be true? Well, this one hit about 3 weeks ago, and I started emailing the guy immediately. I have a stock 90 model in mint condition, but I've also got a friend who has totally customed out an 86 and has been badgering me about "coming to the dark side." So anyhoo, I've basically been negotiating with this guy since he listed it, he started out asking $5200. After going out and looking at it today, I brought it home for a NICE price, I'm not even going to say exactly but it was less than 4K (I am ashamed of myself!). The mods have been done right, still not 100% to my liking, but a good start. I can see right off the bat the stock bars and front blinkers are probably going to go, but the list of mods so far is impressive. Bike runs OK, been sitting for about a year so it's got a little stumble, I'm hoping a can of Seafoam will do wonders. Worse case scenario, the carbs come off for a quick going over, no big deal. Supposedly was jetted for the UFO pipes, it's got a radiator fan switch and V-Boost controller switch. Here's a list of what he told me was done so far. Needless to say, I'm very happy with it. Here are some pic! Enjoy!

http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o236/83GS1100E_Tornado/2000 Yamaha VMAX/?albumview=slideshow

• • Aftermarket Rims made by RC comp
  • • BRM Race Tail
  • • Jetted carbs
  • • UFO exhaust pipes
  • • Lowered body
  • • MEK Fork Brace
  • • Frame Brace
  • • Engine Guards
  • • Fat Rear Tire: Michelin Pilot Sport 180/55 ZR 17
  • • Front Tire: Michelin Pilot Sport 120/70 ZR 17
  • • Works Performance shocks
  • • EBC Pro-Lite Brake disks
020.jpg

014.jpg

Wow, did you get a deal on that bike.... It's beautiful... I agree, the front turn
signals are way too big for the rest of the bike... Good Luck with it...
I've got over 4 grand in SkullDuggery, yours is almost done already...
I'm a little jealous....

? Aftermarket Rims made by RC comp
? BRM Race Tail
? Jetted carbs
? UFO exhaust pipes
? Lowered body
? MEK Fork Brace
? Frame Brace
? Engine Guards
? Fat Rear Tire: Michelin Pilot Sport 180/55 ZR 17
? Front Tire: Michelin Pilot Sport 120/70 ZR 17
? Works Performance shocks
? EBC Pro-Lite Brake disks

For those who had trouble reading the mods, nice bike for the price!

I thought you were selling your bikes to get that Camaro. Guess John has really been putting the pressure on you.:biglaugh: However at the price you got it for, I don't blame you. What a steal on a great looking bike.

Well, I'm happy to report the "shotgun" cleaning went VERY well, rode the bike about 30 miles afterwards, and she's just as healthy as can be! You should have seen the fuel filter in this thing too, that was probably half the problem, it was a mess. I flushed the main tank and it's fine, just the filter was OLD, probably the original one! So I'm good to go, got a guy coming over tomorrow to look at the 90 model, hope it sells quick! :th_flipthebird:

Back