New $900 Honda

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayhawk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
But, of course, not for the U.S.

hondatwister110cc.jpg

One of the most important motorcycle launches of the year happened on Friday though you?re unlikely to read about it in any of the testosterone-infused websites ? it was the Indian unveiling of Honda?s new fuel-efficient and low maintenance 110cc motorcycle model, the CB Twister. Honda sells a million motorcycles a year in India, and next year expects to sell 220,000 Twisters, based on its similar looks to the company?s CBR1000RR flagship, its low maintenance and its outrageous fuel economy (164 U.S. mpg and 197 U.K. mpg) and a price of just US$900.

Link here

is it not being sold in US b/c aren't 249cc bikes and lower illegal on highways or something?

There are a lot of those kind here.
It sometimes really look great and consume almost nothing.
For daily commuting to the office, it's perfect.

I tried one but I felt stupid on it since I guess I was too tall for that kind.
I keep of riding the v-max every, I feel so much better lol

It's like European cars we never see.

They have cars getting real 60mpg.

WE have GM telling us that our Envoys are getting 40mpg. Have they ever driven one?

On that subject no car company should be able to claim ANY mpg.

It should be all 3rd party.

My Ford Focus takes 55mpg...turbodiesel.

Also i have an moped. Monster 85cc and 10hp LOL

It takes 117mpg.

Fuel is preatty expensie here.
About 5$ for diesel galon.

is it not being sold in US b/c aren't 249cc bikes and lower illegal on highways or something?

:confused2: It depends on the State you're in. All States have different defintions of a Motor-driven Cycle. In some States 110cc is a Motorcycle, and can be allowed on Interstate Highways IF the bike can reach minimum highway speed; in others, they are Mopeds, and are NOT allowed on Interstate Highways at all. :ummm:

It would be nice to have here to commute to work, the nearest Interstate to me is 60 miles away. But then again, I use my Max as a time machine. I might leave for work late, but I arrive right on time!

Up here a Motor-Driven cycle is anything below 50cc. You can get a license at 14. (when I was 14 a motor-driven cycle was 100cc or less, dropped a tooth on the sprocket and I was doing 65 on it).

Now a motorcycle is over 50cc, and minimum age for a license is 16. its funny, I went to a XS750, then an XS1100 when I was 16.

My Ford Focus takes 55mpg...turbo diesel.

Also i have an moped. Monster 85cc and 10hp LOL

It takes 117mpg.

Fuel is pretty expensive here.
About 5$ for diesel gallon.

We don't get diesel cars here... Just a few bimmers and Benz's, and Vdubs, but other than that no cars like the Focus... We get gas Focus's though...

Diesel never went over well here unless it's in a truck. It's right around 2.70 per gallon for diesel here.

I have a street legal 50CC Z-50 replica. It's an 87cc now but it's still street legal.

Chris

We don't get diesel cars here... Just a few bimmers and Benz's, and Vdubs, but other than that no cars like the Focus... We get gas Focus's though...

Diesel never went over well here unless it's in a truck. It's right around 2.70 per gallon for diesel here.

I have a street legal 50CC Z-50 replica. It's an 87cc now but it's still street legal.

Chris
Yep, i know Chris. We have expensive fuel and manufacters makes diffrent engines for europe, economical for sure.

I use to have 2 liter gasoline Focus but sold it and bought turodiesel.
That gasoline engine use to brake may wallet...
And i like turbodiesel far more, 200Nm of torque at 2000rpm.
Like i said, its fine to me ;)

Some fellas may say thats a chick car, but no one will say that here.

That moped, Simson S51(big bore now) is my father memento, he bought it new in 1983. I've hit 20k miles on it when i was a kid. Now i want restore it, want it to look like new.
I will never sold that moped....

It's a shame a motorcycle like that isn't available in the states. I'd like one bike in my fleet that gets well over 125 mpg. Just in case we wake up some morning, Israel has bombed Iran, the Straits of Hormuz is closed, and gasoline is $10.99 a gallon (because the $%&*% oil companies can). :bang head: I'd like one bike that can commute two weeks on a single gallon of gas. I guess I'll have to find and restore a 40 year old Honda CB100.

post a few pics of your focus - show us what the REAL focus looks like - compared to the shit box they sell us.

It's a totally different car from what I hear!

Most turbo-diesel cars in Europe get 55+mpg AND they run better than most gas cars.

In December I was driving a friend's '06 Peugeot 307 TD, and that thing literally 'flew' from about 3000 to 4000 rpm. Redline's @ 5k (most gas cars are 6/6.5k) and the top end sucks, but that midrange torque is unbelievable. That and it had 6 gears, so cruising at 95mph on the motorway it was doing just over 2300rpm.

Brilliant. What all cars should be, especially since diesel (should) cost about 1/3 less than gas since it's hardly refined.

Still, can't complain about the states where we still pay on average $2.50/gal of gas (3.5liters), when in places like the UK we pay ?1.10 ($1.80) per LITER!!!! Yes, that's $6.30 per gallon. Ever wondered why most european car engines are 2.0L or less?

VW's Jetta TDI is supposed to get great mpg as well.
This is true. I had one when I was married (her car) and around town it was getting 42 MPG and on the highway was 47-49 MPG.
I was a bit sluggish off of the line, but once in second gear, that little 90 hp engine took off quite well.

Latest posts

Back