New member/owner. Stock 07.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VmaxJax

Reaction score
Never used a “forum” before. It seems pretty confusing so I figured maybe people could help point me in the right direction. I’ve got a bone stock 07 that I picked up about a month ago. I’d like to upgrade it a bit. I’d like to get rid of the big goofy mirrors and find something a little more low profile. I’d also like to find a valance for the front under the radiator. Lastly I’d like to put an exhaust on it that reflects its nature. Since it’s nearly impossible to get any kind of idea of sound quality from a video, I’m looking for suggestions. Seems like unless you go full exhaust for over 1k the options are limited to supertrapp, voodoo or delkavic. From the one video I can find it sounds like the voodoo produces the type of tone I’m looking for but I see everyone complaining about how loud they are. I appreciate any help with these items! Located in upstate NY.

Welcome to the forum. Ideas a plenty on here just gotta spend some time looking through sections. Just about anything and everything for the Gen 1 covered.

Never used a “forum” before. It seems pretty confusing so I figured maybe people could help point me in the right direction. I’ve got a bone stock 07 that I picked up about a month ago. I’d like to upgrade it a bit. I’d like to get rid of the big goofy mirrors and find something a little more low profile. I’d also like to find a valance for the front under the radiator. Lastly I’d like to put an exhaust on it that reflects its nature. Since it’s nearly impossible to get any kind of idea of sound quality from a video, I’m looking for suggestions. Seems like unless you go full exhaust for over 1k the options are limited to supertrapp, voodoo or delkavic. From the one video I can find it sounds like the voodoo produces the type of tone I’m looking for but I see everyone complaining about how loud they are. I appreciate any help with these items! Located in upstate NY.
welcome to the forum Mirrors are a preference to what you like as far exhausts goes slip ons will offer a nice sound with out getting into carb work ...I just happen to have a set of 14 inch stainless steel delkevics slip ons for sale pm if interested

Best advice, keep it BONE STOCK! :)

Bone stock has advantages but some changes are subtle & provide worthwhile improvements. HH front brake pads & SS brake lines for the front calipers is a good change. A lithium ion battery helps starting. A MOSFET regulator/rectifier if yours goes bad helps keep the electrons doing what they are supposed to do.

Yamaha mirrors have different threads on one side, not an issue if you use bar-end ones.

My opinion, the #1 best thing for improvements in handling is radial tires, you'll need a new rear wheel which is $$$. Best results come from a wider front wheel also. That's likely a $2500 switch, wheels & tires, buying used wheels.

Yes Voodoo is loud. Wear ear plugs!

Back