Northeast Ride to Bromley Ski Resort for Fun & Games on September 19

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95spfldmax

Reaction score
Hello Nor'Easters, Canooks & Anyone else interested in getting together.....

I'm promoting a ride this fall to the Bromley Ski Resort in Peru, Vermont.

It's a 2-1/2hr ride (just over 100 miles one way) from here in Springfield, MA. by back roads which is a nice little ride & back. This ski resort has some interesting attractions including an Alpine Slide and a 1/2 mile, 50MPH Sun Mountain Flyer (Zip Line).

THE PLAN:
I've attached a link to the map of the route I plan to take (and whoever from my area wants to join me) but the plan is to meet you guys up there from ALL over (make up your own groups from your area) take over the parking lot and swap some lies for a while then head home. Bring your own food & drink if you don't want to get raped by the lodge.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=37.0625,-95.677068&spn=38.826758,57.392578&z=4

THE RESORT:
Anyone who wishes to do any of the attractions should have plenty of time to do so. Below is a link to their website with details about the attractions and directions from around the region.

http://www.bromley.com/

The Details Are:

ATTRACTIONS:
Alpine Ride is $11.25/ride or 3 for $28.00
Zip Line is $20.00/ride
There are other rides (the above 2 are the best IMO)

CONTACT INFO OF RESORT:
Bromley Ski Resort
3984 Vermont Route 11
Peru, VT. 05152
Ph# 802-824-5522

PLANNED DATE(S):
September 19th is the primary target date

RAIN DATE:
September 26th is the back-up date

I know getting everyone to settle on the same date is impossible. So this is planned well in advance and hopefully the majority can attend. Mark your calendars NOW and pray for a sunny/warm day.

PLANNED ARRIVAL TIME:
Approx. 12:00 Noon

Re: Northeast Ride to Bromley Ski Resort for Fun & Games on September 12

Sounds like a great time Mike, Im prolly in,isnt that around the same time as rice-o-roma?

Sounds like a great time Mike, Im prolly in,isnt that around the same time as rice-o-roma?

Damn it!!! I didn't think of that!!!....EDITOR?!?!?!?

Can one of the moderators change my title to say September 19th?? Thanks......

:confused2:Rice-o-rama ,the !2th?

thread title changed. probably can't make either weekend but the pizza run is approaching that time too

sounds like fun, ya not sure when i can get time off but planing on one of those for sure, pizza run is getting close to that eh.

Looks like it might be do-able Mike! Like to stay off Rt. 22 north tho...just not up for an endurance test of 'man & machine!!' :bang head:

Any idea what Rt 7 from Pittsfield to Bennington is like? :confused2:

Looks like it might be do-able Mike! Like to stay off Rt. 22 north tho...just not up for an endurance test of 'man & machine!!' :bang head:

No. But we can go find out!! One of these Fridays when I get out early we can go do a "recon" mission.....

It's a decent road. Not particularly fast or scenic, but in good condition. Fair amount of traffic though and limited passing opportunities. There's construction on the east side of Bennington that's dusty and full of gravel on the roads for a bit, so watch out.

I went to bromley and did the zip line last summer. Enjoyed the ride there more than the attractions. The zip line is sorta cool but I seriously doubt it gets anywhere near 50mph like they claim. Not really "thrilling" or fast. Take a handheld GPS and see. Last year there was a guy at the bottom with a radar gun and told me I was at like 35. The big cart slide is a lot more fun but it's pretty expensive. And much like on the bikes, you always get stuck behind some wuss riding the brake the whole way down so you can't haul ass on the corners.
As you'd guess food and beer is ludicriously expensive, so eat beforehand.

I don't mean to take a dump on your idea, but if you're heading out to Vermont check out the quarry in Dorset. It's like a giant swimming pool and there's cliffs all over it you can jump off of. There's a 10ft, 25ft, and a 40ft. It's a popular spot but never overly crowded. Plus, it's completely free, and I had way more fun there than I did dropping $50 at Bromley.

still planning for this around the 19th boys???

Yeah. As long as it doesn't conflict with any of the other rides scheduled in the area. I believe the Pizza Run is the only ride that still has it's date floating? Is this correct??

Well....This ride doesn't seem to be too popular.........If there's no interest, no biggie.............

I'm planning a Mt Greylock ride and another "Around the Quabbin Resevoir" ride soon (before winter).......anybody close by that's interested in joining me/us just let me know & i'll keep you "in-the-loop"..........Later.

I'm interested Mike...might want to do Greylock first, ey? Bet winter comes a lot quicker up there than down in the flatland!! :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back