Odds for a Gen 3 Vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnl119

Reaction score
Anybody have any guesses of the odds we'll see a third generation Vmax at some point in the future? Seems like it would be a good candidate for a revival since it was in production for 35 years. Rumor has it the gen 2 was killed because it couldn't meet the new European emissions standards.

I've dreamed of this several times...
An updated revival of the gen 1 with electronic injection, abs, good lighting would be very good.
I already saw the injection proposals in the forum and that would be its real update. Vintage is in fashion and whether you like it or not the VMax is always up to date.
How can you hook the market? I don't know, maybe the trends are different.
For me it is clear that a gen3 should not be like the 2, be the Top of the 21st century, I think that the classic style with about 120 hp is enough for enthusiasts (even 100)
Suzuki already did something with the Katana…
The obsession to go back to being the 85 MAX Concept could be the death of it today. Large consumption and excess of electronics for its control.
The Gen1 was a complete success due to its power and style. I think it should continue there but without an exaggeration of power that makes it complicated.
All things considered, I consider it a wonderful motorcycle for its simplicity of maintenance and its robustness. These are two basic qualities. Well, a V4 is not the easiest thing in the world, but with basic notions of mechanics I make it ready.
What do you think? A motorcycle cyborg for few or the updated classic?
Will it be electric with 250cv?
greetings vmaxers

Not Vmax gen 3 but VMAX-e or eMax, and it will be electric. In 8-12 years.. Also Morley’s bolt-on e-kit will come available for gen 1 & 2 Vmax, to fully replace dinofuel engines With an electric units. That will be before Yamaha unveils mighty Vmax-e 😎

Suzuki already did something with the Katana…
The new Katana was a 'money grab' bike by Suzuki to appeal to all of the old men like me who lusted after the original 80's Katana when they were in their teens.

Straight-up parts bin bike that is basically a GSX-S series bike with different body work and a smaller fuel tank that everyone loved so much. Explains why it sold for crap here and abroad...and I can say that because I was one of the 17 idiots that bought one.

2020 Suzuki Katana Post-Purchase at Fay Meyer's (Right 2).jpg

2020 Suzuki Katana Post-Purchase at Fay Meyer's (No 'Finger Fucking' Sign 1).jpg

The MT-10 SP will be as good as it is going to get, and it is an amazing machine. With the state of the politics on climate and EV everything I fully suspect YAMA will exit the motorcycle market within 6 years. I do believe YAMA will keep their lucrative and extremely popular marine division being boats, Wave runners and engines., and maybe the ATV's. Life as all of us old gents experienced it will be coming to a sad, so sad, end. I am tempted however to buy an FJR, MT10 SP, or a Wave Runner, but at 72YO, I have to really think about that. Maybe just have one in the Garage to look at. ;(

Electric is dinosaur technology. Where are you putting this small battery pack and where are you going on that battery pack? First automobile ever was electric. 1830. The reason why it didnt become mainstream back then is the same reason today. Crap range, long charge times, extremely finicky in temperature swings. Electric will ultimately become a monumental failure as the world does not actually realize what it takes to make these mainstream. The rare earth minerals for the batteries, computer chips and screens. Battery recycling today is also one of the worst things recycled today. Yea, governments will throw trillions upon trillions at this failure, ultimately bankrupting the world.

Small countries might.....MIGHT fare better with electric. But when you are dealing with a country with states the size of countries, it will never work.

Times are changing, I think not gonna happen. If yes it would be far enough into the future that IC engines will have been rendered obsolete, especially for new vehicles. Advancing tech with electric vehicles and batteries do (IMHO) bear the potential to make the Gen3 Vmax the most insane thing anyone could imagine. I suspect motorsports will roll into street oriented SXS type vehicles, all electric of course and probably obnoxiously fast.

One thing we now know about properly designed electric cars is that they can be seriously fast.

Electric is dinosaur technology. Where are you putting this small battery pack and where are you going on that battery pack? First automobile ever was electric. 1830. The reason why it didnt become mainstream back then is the same reason today. Crap range, long charge times, extremely finicky in temperature swings. Electric will ultimately become a monumental failure as the world does not actually realize what it takes to make these mainstream. The rare earth minerals for the batteries, computer chips and screens. Battery recycling today is also one of the worst things recycled today. Yea, governments will throw trillions upon trillions at this failure, ultimately bankrupting the world.

Small countries might.....MIGHT fare better with electric. But when you are dealing with a country with states the size of countries, it will never work.
You are a absolutely correct the earth will become a big junk yard and we may have to dump our junk to other planets just like those sifi movies and even the nuclear meterial will go to zero rediation in about 100 years but a simple cell phone won’t decay for at least 500 years but nobody want to say anything about it

Why does the movie Tron look like the next V-Max to me? I think only when the roads have charging underlay will a true electric motorcycle be feasible. You will ride to a 100-mile event and have to have it charged for the ride home. Now imagine hundreds or thousands of bikes at an event and can't get to a charging station.

Back