Oil Pipe O-Ring "bracket"

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luca

Reaction score
Hello everyone, yesterday I dropped the oil pan to check the famous o-ring that pops out.
Here's what i found
photo_5918074839644618639_y.jpg
Now, I have 2 questions.
Can I reuse this old o-ring or should I replace all the o-rings?
I have seen many of you, use the engine saver bracket, but what do you think about this kind of bracket made from inox wire? Can it work?
View attachment document_5918074839188377972.mp4

Thanks

Make sure the 2 grommets on the main oil gallery and one on the main oil pipe are in good condition and the o-ring won't burp out. IMO of course. I think oil has an impact there...I use Shell Rotella-T in my '99 and my grommets were like new. O-ring was in place when doing transmission work.

Mark

Luca, you don't say how old your Max is but even if it is one of the last it will be some 16 years old.
Whilst you have no way of knowing when the O ring became displaced that it has survived this long without causing issues just adds weight to my belief that it is not a significant issue that owners need to be concerned about.
That said, the advice to replace it with the Kawasaki oval ring is reasonable given that you have the sump off and as has been suggested the bracket is not necessary.
The other point to consider is to allow the oil to get to operating temperature before giving it sudden acceleration.

The other small o rings should be okay, but I think it pays to also fit a new rubber block under the oil pipe as they get hard and shrink as well

What most don't realize is that the photos shown of the o-ring popping out is usually because the oil pan is removed---there have been scopes showing photos that with the oil pan in place and the o-ring is in place.

What most don't realize is that the photos shown of the o-ring popping out is usually because the oil pan is removed---there have been scopes showing photos that with the oil pan in place and the o-ring is in place.
I can tell you that 80-90% of all the engines we get with a "problem" have the oring pushed out while 80-90% that get torn apart to prep for paint or other rebuild (usually big bore) that don't have another problem have the oring in place. Our HD oiling kit uses the Kawi oring as well as overdriving the oil pump for more pressure/volume.

I can tell you that 80-90% of all the engines we get with a "problem" have the oring pushed out while 80-90% that get torn apart to prep for paint or other rebuild (usually big bore) that don't have another problem have the oring in place. Our HD oiling kit uses the Kawi oring as well as overdriving the oil pump for more pressure/volume.
Ditto almost everyone I get that is blown up it is out if place . I don't believe it's from taking the pan off at all but there is one guy that keeps preaching this and always shows up under another name.

@one2dmax @CaptainKyle @maleko89
I changed all the main gallery o-rings and replaced the one that pops out with the kawasaki o-ring.
I had to remove the oil pump.
How do you guys prime the oil circuit after reinstalling all the pipes and the oil pump?

Last edited:
Even Yamaha recognised something was wrong, and altered the supply pipe from (i think) 2001 onwards

NEW-OLD%20TUBES_bmp.jpg

Back