Rear progressive springs? Any good?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Max

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have anybody put progressive springs on stock rear shocks? Any good, or should I just ditch the stock ones and put on new shocks alltogether..? Front needs progressive springs, I want get rid of that dive when braking, but rear end isn't so bad I think. I dont know about better though, max is my first bike so :confused2:
One third of my riding is two up, I believe I have softest settings on shocks now for both types of riding, I'm not a heavy guy (95kg) and my girlfriend is something like 60kg, I dont really notice that is she on the bike or not sometimes.. :biglaugh:

So, progressive springs to rear would be a cheap little tweak up, or am I getting superior suspension upgrade with a little extra, like Progressive suspensions shocks etc?

Ive got a set of used progressive 418's on mine and theyre waaaaaaay better than stock!

I had HD springs on my Progressive 440's but they were too stout for even my 290 lbs at the time. I replaced the springs with some stock weight springs which work great.

Back