seat

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vman23

Reaction score
hi everyone. since I have taken ownership of my brothers vmax. I think he may have had the seat altered. I really dont have $$$$ to buy a big expensive one. So I want to get it reupholstered to oem specs. But how do I know what oem height, thickness, etc.. is? I feel that there is too much of a dip in it. Thanks. here are some pics. Or is that oem on the 1st gen's?

IMG_0774.jpeg

IMG_0774 (1).jpeg

hi everyone. since I have taken ownership of my brothers vmax. I think he may have had the seat altered. I really dont have $$$$ to buy a big expensive one. So I want to get it reupholstered to oem specs. But how do I know what oem height, thickness, etc.. is? I feel that there is too much of a dip in it. Thanks. here are some pics. Or is that oem on the 1st gen's?

View attachment 92772

View attachment 92773
Looks like a dip to me. Sean will help you with that.
later, bill

Removing some 'stuffing'/altering the seat foam height is a way to accommodate smaller riders. That appears to be the story here. A decent local shop should be able to glue-up your seat and cut you a new seatcover. I would expect you can expect to pay ~$250 to start, and go-up from there. You may get out of that modification cheaper by purchasing the one OEM segment of seating for the rider, of the rider-bolster-pillon OEM seat.

yes. It's been modified. The lower you go the wider the seating surface. So, if you build it back up then you will sit on a crown instead of a more comfortable flatter surface. I can help with a seat exchange if you really want for just the cost of postage but you will likely regret it.

Yea. I am 5'11" 190lbs. My brother was abt 5'5ish I guess. Really hurts my hips the way I sit.

Removing some 'stuffing'/altering the seat foam height is a way to accommodate smaller riders. That appears to be the story here. A decent local shop should be able to glue-up your seat and cut you a new seatcover. I would expect you can expect to pay ~$250 to start, and go-up from there. You may get out of that modification cheaper by purchasing the one OEM segment of seating for the rider, of the rider-bolster-pillon OEM seat.

what if I purchased this seat. So at least I would have oem size, height etc.. get it reupholstered? Just a thought.

yes. It's been modified. The lower you go the wider the seating surface. So, if you build it back up then you will sit on a crown instead of a more comfortable flatter surface. I can help with a seat exchange if you really want for just the cost of postage but you will likely regret it.
well. just for haha's. how bad you think shipping would be?

what if I purchased this seat. So at least I would have oem size, height etc.. get it reupholstered? Just a thought.
Not just 'no' but 'hell-no!' That's $201.54 I suspect the seller wears a mask when he's taking money for parts in that shape.

Back