Spring SOCAL VMax ride May 1st 20011

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hell6.jpg

SoCal VMAXers....I had a great time today. That was a fun ride. Sorry all I had to leave so early...I'll make sure I have a full day next ride. Speaking of the next ride I will start a new thread (Summer SoCal VMAX ride #1) tonight. Hope ya all had as much fun as me.
eusa_dance.gif

Keep in touch,
Darren

P.S. Wister, How's your shoulder and knee.....hope you're OK.

Attachments

• S7301399.jpg
    S7301399.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 24
  • S7301402.jpg
    S7301402.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 22
  • S7301409.jpg
    S7301409.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 24
  • S7301410.jpg
    S7301410.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 24
  • S7301411.jpg
    S7301411.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 26
  • S7301412.jpg
    S7301412.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 26
  • S7301420.jpg
    S7301420.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 27
  • S7301425.jpg
    S7301425.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 26
More pics.....:clapping:

Attachments

• S7301413.jpg
    S7301413.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 26
  • S7301414.jpg
    S7301414.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 28
  • S7301415.jpg
    S7301415.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 27
  • S7301416.jpg
    S7301416.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 29
  • S7301417.jpg
    S7301417.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 26
  • S7301418.jpg
    S7301418.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 29
  • S7301419.jpg
    S7301419.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 25
Looks like a fun day guys! Lots of nice bikes and the weather was great! Thanks for posting up the pics and wish I could have gone. What's the story with the young dude holding the foot peg?
Mike

Looks like a fun day guys! Lots of nice bikes and the weather was great! Thanks for posting up the pics and wish I could have gone. What's the story with the young dude holding the foot peg?
Mike

We were in a group making a right turn, he got a little wide and hit what I call "The Triangle of Death".....the triangular patch of san and dirt that collects in allot of intersections where you have a dedicated right turn lane beside two forward / thorough lanes, cars usuall don't move through that kind of dead zone so they sit there collecting gravel just waiting for unsuspecting folks on bikes.

He washed out the front end and went down on the right side, thank God it was a low speed get off. He's ok but the peg and the bike took some damage. His fender looked like that when he showed up, if I had spare parts laying around I'd hook him up.

hmmm; Look's like I got an excuse to upgrade the pegs now I guess :biglaugh: i'll give him my OEM ones when I get new ones.

It scared me probably more than him because I saw him go down in my right mirror as I was making the turn.

Damn! Can't believe I missed the ride. I was in my garage putting on my Maxgasser seat. Maybe next time! Looked like you guys had a great time.

Fellow SoCa VMAXers...check out the new threads in the ride and hookups...."Summer" SoCal VMAX ride and Cali VMAX linkup for Vegas Bike Fest. Start posting some ideas and shananagans are always welcome.

Let's make the summer ride even better.....maybe a small (ya right) overnighter at Chief Gunner's place.

CHECK THIS OUT. Started a SoCal VMAX Group (SoCal VMAX inc.)...go to the group section and sign up. This will make it easier to keep in contact on the forum.

DO it DO it NOW!!!!!!,
Darren

Chief Gunner....do you have a flux capacitor on your VMAX? (20011...really) :)

Nope; No flux capacitor...lol. Just been maintaing the stock apperance, keeping her clean and running as well as I can with limited resources. I think I got her broke in now (27K + on the odo), so I need to get serious about which direction I want to go with her and start the Mod madness all over again :)

Last edited:
I'm signed up Darren.

Chief good to hear the accident wasn't too bad. We have a place up here called North County Motorcycle Salvage in Escondido that I've got a lot of used parts through the years.Things like foot pegs and what not are a fraction of the dealership cost. I haven't checked for V Max parts yet but since the Gen I has been around so long they should have a few parts. lol! I was just down in your neck of the woods a couple of weeks ago at the Lakeside Rodeo with my family and we had a good time. If that was your 06 I saw in a couple of the pics that thing is clean.
Mike

Thanks Mike; I've had her for a couple of years now. Spent too much $ and time on my other rides modding them out. Now the XR is gone the VMax is gonna get some TLC.

1st on the list is the Barnett clutch, stiffer springs and shocks and brake upgrades (SS braided lines and wave rotors. After that then onto the exhaust and Carb mods :)

Aaron.....was refering to your name for this thread Spring SOCAL VMAX ride May 1st "20011", guess we rode so fast the ride was 18,000 years in the future. Was good for a laugh.

Check out the post in the SoCal Group about the summer ride....dropped an idea that involves you.

Later, Darren

Nice pics Rusty....'specially the little cutie at the "eat me, beat me" sex toys tent!! :rofl_200:

I'd ask if you had nice weather but, you guys ALWAYS have nice weather!!

How many made it, how far did you go? :ummm:

+1!!! Looks like you had beautiful weather. Got to add SoCal to my wish list of rides!

Blaine

Back