Steering head bearing spanner

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russel Trahan

Reaction score
Just bought my second Vmax and it has serious low speed wobble. Did the bounce test per Seans instructions and has more than an over pumped basketball. Unless my searching skills are lacking cant seem to find anyone as of 2023 thats still making the steering head bearing spanners. Would greatly appreciate any information to where I might acquire a 1 inch spanner to avoid the uncivilized hammer/screwdriver method. Thank you in Advance!

Russ

Just bought my second Vmax and it has serious low speed wobble. Did the bounce test per Seans instructions and has more than an over pumped basketball. Unless my searching skills are lacking cant seem to find anyone as of 2023 thats still making the steering head bearing spanners. Would greatly appreciate any information to where I might acquire a 1 inch spanner to avoid the uncivilized hammer/screwdriver method. Thank you in Advance!

Russfrom
I have used the correct spanner,a rear shock adjustment spanner from Progressive etc. and a good ole drift. All got the job well done.

Russ
Look on ebay. There are loads of c spanners sale but make sure you get the right size with a square (not round,) end. The 2 nuts will usually both move together.

There are loads for sale on ebay but make sure you get the right size with a square (not round,) end. The 2 nuts will usually both turn together but that's ok.

Try Pit Posse for a steering head bearing spanner set.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...g9-2kxK-DSwZ4C3nBakLaegrYcoL6GLRoCrRgQAvD_BwE
Summit Racing has Pit Posse and in different sizes
Got the adjustable pit posse spanner in and it fits perfectly, recommend this one to all Vmax owners. Unfortunately it didn't quit solve my problem and I say not quit because it alleviated some of the wobbling but not all of it. Even though I got it nice and tight there is still a little bounce. I was going to continue to tighten more but noticed after the amount I did it now has some friction when turning to the right and I can hear the top bearing making noise when steering. I'm figuring its time to change the bearings.

Back