tent & gear recommendations.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whereabouts are you planning to tour, Mr. Jones?

I have no idea, at the risk of sounding corny I just go by feel. I stay away from coastal regions and metro areas rt overpopulation and traffic. I use the gps just to make sure I don't end up in towns bigger than ~40k pop, ideally under 10k. If I hit heavy traffic or a city I change course and just roll with it.

I plan on a vmax ralley this year, if there is one outside a large city and I dont have to fight a large city to get there then im in, otherwise I'll just start rolling down a backroad and see where it goes. Its really liberating and I often find cool unexpected shit. This is the first uear I will tour while happily married so not being sidetracked by women will change it up I expect.

On the tent, I have been watching youtube revies, checking ebay and reading. So far it looks like I will compromise on ease of setup. Really liking the Snugpak ionasphere and scorpion. Next week I'll hit Scheels and Cabellas and see what else I can see. I feel kind of like a dick going there only to go home and order off ebay but it's hard to ignore paying half! I know they know, they have to know haha. REI and Eureka have a lot of suitable gear but color choices are a strong factor. I think the nearest REI is Sioux Falls or Denver, I hit thd seattle one a few times when I lived there and it was very impressive but it was like getting on the Snap-on truck.

Well there is always Eureka Springs, South Texas, Thunder in the Valley, and Kyles get together in Sept for you to pick from.

I want to hit thunder, I think I mapped that one out or Eureka Springs and it looked easy to get to in my strange way. I have not spent much time in the South so it might be a good year to get off my Yankee ass and head down there. I checked the calendar here and didnt come away with dates but I would love to hit one or maybe two of those. My goal is 3 outtings this year with at least one being completely aimless.

Back