Throttle body master sync screw

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm hoping someone here can help me. I have a 2009 that has a rough idle and occasionally stalls pulling the clutch in when it's hot. I ordered a digi sync and found that the previous owner had turned all the screws to bottom out. I've read that the "master" screw is the front left and I was wondering if anyone here knows how many turns from bottom their master screw is set. That way I'd have a ball park where to set mine. If someone knows or is willing to count the turns on theirs I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Dont go by turns go by the mm/Hg. If I recall mine are all set to 20 on my digi sync

Also,if that doesn’t work,some of the 2009s had a recall check you’re vin.The symptoms you describe could be from that,throttle position sensor? and som else can’t remember,I’m sure you can search the forum and get more information.

There was a recall for tps/aps harness. It is easy to check if it was done/modified. Regardless carb screws ... my 2009 is same. Front left cyl noticeable difference in comparison with other cyls and screw needs to be turned out, but it is master, so i am not touching it. Other 3 cyls screws fully turned in. I think this difference is caused because there is always one lean cyl from factory. I have no problem with idle or stalling.

Last edited:
There was a recall for tps/aps harness. It is easy to check if it was done/modified. Regardless carb screws ... my 2009 is same. Front left cyl noticeable difference in comparison with other cyls and screw needs to be turned out, but it is master, so i am not touching it. Other 3 cyls screws fully turned in. I think this difference is caused because there is always one lean cyl from factory. I have no problem with idle or stalling.
I checked today and the recalls have been done. Tps/aps harness and oil pump. Thanks. I'm going to play with the digi sync tomorrow

If you want a starting point then turn the screw until it is about halfway between topping out and bottoming out and take it from there, but as gtgboom says it is the mm/Hg that matters. Good luck!

Based on your recommendations, today i adjusted front left "master" cylinder. I think no one before touched these screws and all were in same positions about 1/8 turn before fully turned in. Now sync looks much better (~ 290mb). I do not noticed difference in idle, but it seems that transition from idle revs after opening throttle is now absolutely smooth (it was not so smooth before).

Attachments

• 20230612_100426.jpg
    20230612_100426.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230612_100407.jpg
    20230612_100407.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Back