Thunder in the Valley

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax2extreme

Reaction score
Hello Vmax Enthusiasts,

Another year has gone by and that means its time to start the planning for Thunder in the Valley 2013. The VMOA will be hosting another year on June 20 - 23 in Somerset, PA and I am calling for people to help out with this event. What does this mean for you? I am asking potential attendees to make suggestions of what they would like to see at the event.

Here is what we do plan to host:

1. Our annual "Meet & Greet BBQ"
2. Riding games hosted at the hotel
3. Banquet
3. Award ceremony
4. Raffle

We are considering having the Dyno Shootout again, but I need to know everyones opinion since it costs $40/3 runs. If we host it again, do we do it at the Yamaha Dealership who is more than willing to do it again or have the event at the hotel lot since it takes all afternoon to perform? Let me know...

I challenge everyone to give us, the VMOA, more ideas of what you would like to see at this event.

Remember that this Thunder in the Valley events are open to all riders members and non-members to come and enjoy.

I'd love to hear back from everyone. Please feel free to use this forum thread here or email us directly at [email protected].

More details located at this site: http://www.vmoa.net/modules/extcal/event.php?event=26

Thanks again and ride safe...

This is the time to start thinking and suggesting what you would like to see at this years VMOA Thunder in the Valley 2013 event. Please speak your mind since this is open for all to help out to make it the best it can be!

One question to mind is do we want to have another DYNO Shootout? I need to lock it in if we want one again now!

Suggestions welcomed.......

Thanks,

Mike

Hello Vmax Enthusiasts,

Another year has gone by and that means its time to start the planning for Thunder in the Valley 2013. The VMOA will be hosting another year on June 20 - 23 in Somerset, PA and I am calling for people to help out with this event. What does this mean for you? I am asking potential attendees to make suggestions of what they would like to see at the event.

3. Banquet
3. Award ceremony
4. Raffle

We are considering having the Dyno Shootout again, but I need to know everyones opinion since it costs $40/3 runs. If we host it again, do we do it at the Yamaha Dealership who is more than willing to do it again or have the event at the hotel lot since it takes all afternoon to perform? Let me know...

I challenge everyone to give us, the VMOA, more ideas of what you would like to see at this event.

Remember that this Thunder in the Valley events are open to all riders members and non-members to come and enjoy.

I'd love to hear back from everyone. Please feel free to use this forum thread here or email us directly at [email protected].

More details located at this site: http://www.vmoa.net/modules/extcal/event.php?event=26

I would like to see the dyno shootout, I want like to see what RB has in her. Not that I think I'd win but just want to see where she's at for tuning.
Another Idea: I really liked the options of different rides that were offered in 2011 but had to choose one over the other. Possibly pre run/ known rides with some that could be done by smaller groups and maybe some be self guided IE: availability of pre-printed maps of routes that have mileages, sights to see, aprox time to ride, etc..

Hello Vmax Enthusiasts,

3. Banquet
3. Award ceremony
4. Raffle

Are you saying that ALL the events you have listed above non-members can participate?

Are you saying that ALL the events you have listed above non-members can participate?

All VMOA events are open to ALL bikers, not only just vmax's....The Thunder events are self funded by the participants such as the BBQ, Banquet and Dyno all have a cost per person to participate. Other than that, anyone can hangout with us all weekend along if they pay their way for the events that cost (unless you dont plan on eating :icon_rolleyes:).

So in short, anyone can participate with us at Thunder.

Feel free to contact me and we can talk more if you have other questions. I'd be more than happy to answer any/all questions that you or anyone might have.

I hope this explains it better for you.

All VMOA events are open to ALL bikers, not only just vmax's....The Thunder events are self funded by the participants such as the BBQ, Banquet and Dyno all have a cost per person to participate. Other than that, anyone can hangout with us all weekend along if they pay their way for the events that cost (unless you dont plan on eating :icon_rolleyes:).

So in short, anyone can participate with us at Thunder.

Feel free to contact me and we can talk more if you have other questions. I'd be more than happy to answer any/all questions that you or anyone might have.

I hope this explains it better for you.

Thanks. I'm clear. REALLY thinking about making it this year.........

Gonna be another GREAT time! I'll take a minute and address this to readers who haven't attended this event with this organization...

You will not find a more friendly helpful, and fun bunch of people anywhere. I hooked up with the Canadian Maxxers 3 years ago, did the trip down with the overnight in Punxy - and had a blast the whole time. I've been to Thunder a few times before I got involved with VMOA, and honestly had a great time those years, but spending time with a group of like-minded people made the experience a lot more fun. (Even if I embarrassed myself and rode the Road Star...)

Last year (on the Road Star again!), I rode down with a friend who rides a HD(tm) Street Glide(tm). He was a bit leery about the fact that he wasn't on a Max, not even a Japanese bike, but I assured him he'll get along fine with the Maxxers. He had a blast!

Everyone was welcome to join in on the rides, BBQ, and "rodeo" in the parking lot. There's a lot to do at the event, and if you want to head out by yourself for a few hours or even all day, that's cool. Last year, we spent more than a few hours at a great establishment called "Jim & Jimmies" on the Somerset-Johnstown pike, a few miles South of Johnstown. Good music, food, and cheap beverages.

If you're thinking about going, but need a kick in the ass to get on the bike and head to Thunder - consider your ass kicked. Great time!

Maybe I'll put my 120,000+ mile motor on the Dyno, and see what it has left.........

Back