torque wrench

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bacchus

Reaction score
I am thinking I will be rebuiliding a vmax motor in the near future and was thinking that I might be wise to update my torque wrench colleciton to the click style ones and get rid of the ol fashioned ones I have been using.

does anyone know off the top of their head what the range for torqe specs are on a vmax and make some recomendations as to good reasobly priced torque wrench(s) that I may need to complete my vmax buld-a-beast project

thanks!

i have cheapo ones. +/- 5% is fine by me. a lot of times i just want things to be even.

i got my big one from jcwhitney for like 25 (20-175 ft lbs). whats cool is it has 1/2, 3/8" drive and then if you take out the chuck thing its a 17mm ratchet which is great for all our drain plugs.

my small one is from harbor freight. i think it was $12. 20-250 inch lbs

Let's see. I use 60-70 ft lbs on the ARP studs (much more then stock). I think the other bolts to the engine are more like inch lb stuff or low ft lbs. You can find the specs for all the bolts in the back of the manual I believe in a summary chart.

Sean

The lowest around 5 Nm up to to 120 Nm so you would need two wrenches to satisfactorily cover that range.

If you can only afford one go for a low range item to goes up to (say) 40 to 50 Nm as that will cover the majority of the routine jobs.

Back