• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted V boost controller option

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loghill

Reaction score
My vboost controller is dying. Looking to replace, I see people talk about the micro machines controller ($189) and iginitech(&350). But I can’t find the micro machine option anywhere, website appears to be broken. I know the igenitech gives more control and options, I just want it to work lol. I don’t need that level of fine tuning just to beat Harley’s, but I NEED to beat Harley’s.

The Ignitech has a rev limiter. It can also control VBoost, NOS, and a quick-shifter.

Sean Morley and CaptainKyle probably have used ones.

There is no H-D that is the measure of a stock VMax. The VR1000 roadracer which was homologated in Poland, to make it eligible for AMA competition but wasn't street-legal in the USA, might have a chance. The Destroyer, the drag-racing only VRod, again, not USA street-legal, is another contender.

Thanks for the advice but I don’t trust used electronics as a habit. Contacted One2damax about purchasing ignitech. Was mainly trying to see if the micromachine option was still available but I guess not. Appreciate the responses!

You live in a beautiful part of the country. I've fished in the St. Lawrence, and hiked at Whiteface and Mt. Marcy, among others.

I agree, buying new is a good idea; for the short-of-dollars, used may be the difference between riding and not riding.

Hello.
The controller on my 85 has been giving me a hard time. Re-soldered twice. Isn't reliable unless I'm holding the wires just right. It's a stock bike. Just tuned it myself thanks to everyone on here. 🙌 I'm just want to make it more reliable and less finiky. This ignitech sounds like it solves lla lot of problems. Is that correct?

Like anything electronic, an Ignitech can sometimes crap the bed. That seems to be a rare occurrence. Having capacity to work as a rev-limiter and do the VBoost work, and also NOS injection comtrol and speed shifting, it is a good unit for its versatality.

Back