Venture wheels?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxape

Reaction score
Hi to all, I have always wanted a vmax and now I have one. Looking through the topics in the forum I see a lot info about tyres and rims but would like to know if a rear wheel off a royal star venture, 15 x 4, will fit onto a gen 1 vmax? My tyres need to be changed and I like the idea of a 160 rear. I am not to worried about radials or bigger rims but I think a bit wider would be good. I love using that straight line go. Thanks for any information or ideas.

Last edited:
They look real nice, but I'm attached to my Kosman bolt together. I've got plans for them this off season. I found a front (wider than OEM) to match the back, big thanks to Sean. 17" wheels can be very close to stock heights with the right tires. And, the tire options are good.
Steve-o

Hi to all, I have always wanted a vmax and now I have one. Looking through the topics in the forum I see a lot info about tyres and rims but would like to know if a rear wheel off a royal star venture, 15 x 4, will fit onto a gen 1 vmax? My tyres need to be changed and I like the idea of a 170 rear. I am not to worried about radials or bigger rims but I think a bit wider would be good. I love using that straight line go. Thanks for any information or ideas.

An RSV (99~13) will fit into the final drive and probably OK width wise. Axle diameter is same as early VMax'x.

The rotor alignment is going to be an issue more than likely. The RSV's rotors have a different bolt pattern from the VMax/Venture (1st gen's) rotors.

I have an RSV frame that I am putting a VMax/Venture 1300 motor into, Using VMax rims front and rear, so I do have some 1st hand knowledge of interchangeability.

Attached picture is rotor side of VMax wheel in frame. Swingarm and caliper bracket is RSV 2003. Rotor is from 86-93 Venture, 320mm offset floating. Stock RSV caliper or R1 caliper will line up with rotor. Front wheel will be VMax with 86-93 282mm rotors with yzf750 6 piston calipers on a 1st gen 86-93 front end.

The front wheel on an RSV is closer to a truck, huge & heavy. Not what you want on a VMax.

Gary

Attachments

• IMG_4726.jpg
    IMG_4726.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4727.jpg
    IMG_4727.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 52
Thanks for the replys. I have got hold of a pair of shinkos and I am going to put them on for now, because the local club who run the drag meetings have postponed them to April next year, due to all the wet weather we have had here. So gives me sometime to sort out the RSV rim. They only run 1/8 mile here, so I am thinking a 160/80/15 on the little extra rim width will give abit more contact and quicker revving.

If you are going the 1/8th you want to get as short a profile tire as possible. Ideally you'd get a 17" wheel and then a short tire. Width isn't usually a concern if the tire is in good condition.

Back