• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Vmax leathers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a 'fashion' jacket and not an armored jacket, just some extra layer at the shoulders, and maybe elbows. XL size, so should fit a ~42 to 44 inch chest.

Looks like a 'fashion' jacket and not an armored jacket, just some extra layer at the shoulders, and maybe elbows. XL size, so should fit a ~42 to 44 inch chest.
My thought too. There's also a sold one in the seller's profile emblazoned with "Yamaha" and a Vmax patch.
My Marketplace feed is always full of ads for helmets, jackets, and gloves LOL.

Jacket was made in London by Simon Green who also made a few unusual Vmax Builds.
Wow, nice find! Jacket was tagged "kerozen" - whatever that is. It definitely looks armored in the arms and shoulders in that pic.
And that swingarm is trick af.
Hell, whole bike is!

Wow, nice find! Jacket was tagged "kerozen" - whatever that is. It definitely looks armored in the arms and shoulders in that pic.
And that swingarm is trick af.
Hell, whole bike is!
More-impressed with the frame & conversion to a mid-shaft U-joint, than the jacket. Jackets with CF-rated armor are usually much-more bulky where the armor is, and that jacket as-pictured, doesn't appear to have that type of bulk. I have an Alpinestars competition leather jacket, but it was built for a slim frame, it fits me OK if I remove the jacket's CF-rated armor. With the armor in-place, it's too-tight for comfort. It's my 'after I diet' jacket. Because I live in a sub-tropical area, I'm mostly using a mesh ventilated, armored jacket anyway.

I have an older Langlitz leather jacket.
Made in the USA. It's from the early 1960s.
Way to small for me.but a nice classic.

Yes, Langlitz is a good name in leather goods. Is it a traditional short-waisted motorcycle jacket? With the diagonal chest zipper and the triangular neck lapels which fold-over? I have one that I've had for probably 48 years, but because of my er, 'growth,' it's a snug fit these days. I'd have to pull it out of storage to see just whose name is inside. It's cool because it's a former City of Miami motorman's jacket, it has a sewn-on leather piece with grommets on the left upper chest, for the badge.

Schott is another traditional name in leather jackets. Here's an interesting story about the design's origins.

1688137183568.png

“The Perfecto motorcycle jacket was already a quarter century old when Marlon Brando immortalized it in the 1954 biker flick The Wild One,” Esquire‘s The Handbook of Style introduces it, though a few days off regarding the film’s release date. “The original dates from 1928, when a Harley-Davidson distributor asked Schott Bros., a Staten Island outerwear manufacturer, to create a leather motorcycle jacket. (The brothers had long branded their raincoats under the name Perfecto, after one of the founders’ favorite cigar.)”

FYI, some of the custom bike builders use 'distressed leather,' that would be like an old Langlitz jacket, to upholster their seat, to complete the look of a vintage build.

Here's one that's been for sale for a long time on CL in Miami FL:
1688137535238.png

$300!
It's for a 'big-boy,' XXXL
https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/mpo/d/west-palm-beach-classic-mens-black/7636133054.html
It has patina.

Last edited:
Yes, Langlitz is a good name in leather goods. Is it a traditional short-waisted motorcycle jacket? With the diagonal chest zipper and the triangular neck lapels which fold-over? I have one that I've had for probably 48 years, but because of my er, 'growth,' it's a snug fit these days. I'd have to pull it out of storage to see just whose name is inside. It's cool because it's a former City of Miami motorman's jacket, it has a sewn-on leather piece with grommets on the left upper chest, for the badge.

Schott is another traditional name in leather jackets. Here's an interesting story about the design's origins.

View attachment 89824

“The Perfecto motorcycle jacket was already a quarter century old when Marlon Brando immortalized it in the 1954 biker flick The Wild One,” Esquire‘s The Handbook of Style introduces it, though a few days off regarding the film’s release date. “The original dates from 1928, when a Harley-Davidson distributor asked Schott Bros., a Staten Island outerwear manufacturer, to create a leather motorcycle jacket. (The brothers had long branded their raincoats under the name Perfecto, after one of the founders’ favorite cigar.)”

FYI, some of the custom bike builders use 'distressed leather,' that would be like an old Langlitz jacket, to upholster their seat, to complete the look of a vintage build.

View attachment 89825

$300!
https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/mpo/d/west-palm-beach-classic-mens-black/7636133054.html
It has patina.
I

View attachment 89824

View attachment 89825

$300!
It has patina.
I might have to check that one out.
Very surprised it's hasn't been snatched up yet.

Not a Langlitz.
Has a Hardly Damit son patch sewn on.
And they are asking new prices.
I'm gonna pass.

Back