Where would you go, if conditions were right?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAXer

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you has all the conditions line up, time, money, weather, VMAX working perfectly; Where would you go? Why there?
Is it a place you lived before, or just visited? Or dream of going to?

I would go to the UP of Michigan along M28 and stop over in Munising as I lived there for 18 months a lifetime ago.

Munising light house summer.png

After I visit that light house and spend a day or two there, I would continue to Marquette and beyond.

What would be your trip?

Boulder Creek, CA using old Highway 9 from San Jose. Then continue to Santa Cruz and to Highway 1 towards San Francisco. Most enjoyable roads, very beautiful, mountains, the Pacific etc.

Anywhere in the smokey mountains. The entire area is all about motorcycles. Forget about the dragon. If you rent a cabin. Or pitch a tent. Even the roads just going to get breakfast are fn awesome. Went there for a rally the first time. Will go there every year until I can't ride anymore. Ozarks are good. California is ok. Colorado is beautiful. Black hills are ok. UP Michigan is ok. But the best for riding is the smokies.
And yes I live in Wisconsin.

Hi way 55 in Wisconsin is a must ride. Through the reservation. Not long but they even have turn offs for slower traffic to get outta the way. And they do. Some of the hills you can lift the front end at the crest and ride the wheely down.
West side of the state is ok Lacrosse etc.

Last edited:
Another place is Norway. The fjords in the south all the way up to Lofoten.

And New Zealand of course.

These two countries have everything a motorcycle rider could want. Best sceneries in the world.

Anywhere in the smokey mountains. The entire area is all about motorcycles. Forget about the dragon. If you rent a cabin. Or pitch a tent. Even the roads just going to get breakfast are fn awesome. Went there for a rally the first time. Will go there every year until I can't ride anymore. Ozarks are good. California is ok. Colorado is beautiful. Black hills are ok. UP Michigan is ok. But the best for riding is the smokies.
And yes I live in Wisconsin.

Hi way 55 in Wisconsin is a must ride. Through the reservation. Not long but they even have turn offs for slower traffic to get outta the way. And they do. Some of the hills you can lift the front end at the crest and ride the wheely down.
West side of the state is ok Lacrosse etc.
We have a blast at my smokies rally every year !

I totally agree. Stunning scenery and a massive choice of Whiskeys and on a bike you can avoid getting stuck on the narrow bits where ehe motorhomes, caravans et al can’t negotiate each other.

From my very limited riding in the USA, I'd suggest Beartooth Highway (after leaving Yellowstone through North-East entrance) and Going to Sun Road, Glacier National Park. Both in Montana. Highway 16A Mt. Rushmore is also great (South Dakota of course). All great for scenery and infinite twisties, but the last two might be slow at times in season. Which is not a bad thing for some.

hwy16a.jpg

If you has all the conditions line up, time, money, weather, VMAX working perfectly; Where would you go? Why there?
Is it a place you lived before, or just visited? Or dream of going to?

I would go to the UP of Michigan along M28 and stop over in Munising as I lived there for 18 months a lifetime ago.

View attachment 91010

After I visit that light house and spend a day or two there, I would continue to Marquette and beyond.

What would be your trip?
Well I took your advice and jumped on my 89 fj1200. And rode up from my house along the east side of Lake Winnebago. Then took 35 along the shoreline of the bay. Then 2 across the top of Lake Michigan. 94 through the Hiawatha national forest
To Munising Michigan. Then rode the M28 west very senic. Left 6am this morning. Rode 625 miles in 12.45 hrs. Stopped to eat 2 times. And took some pictures.

Attachments

• 20230903_122357.jpg
    20230903_122357.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230903_122416.jpg
    20230903_122416.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230903_122506.jpg
    20230903_122506.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230903_123829.jpg
    20230903_123829.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230903_124356.jpg
    20230903_124356.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230903_135038.jpg
    20230903_135038.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230903_140607.jpg
    20230903_140607.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Two stops in 625 miles? Maaan, I couldn't do that. I would not have a butt to sit on BCS it fell on the ground on the way 😁
Lol. Many stops. My bladder doesn't let me go too long these days. 2 stops to eat. That fj1200 is made to devour the miles with a Corbin seat. And Everyone was speeding excessively in the upper peninsula. And a few times. Well quite a few times. When there were no other cars around. It decided to go in excess of 140mph.

Last edited:
Lol. I think it would work.

Only when I could see for several miles. In the forests. No driveways. No cars. As soon as I saw a car coming the other way slowed down to 10 over. Only saw 1 cop in the U.P. and that was in a town. A deer probably would've hurt. I've already killed 2 with my body on one of my fjs. But much slower speeds. First one probably 50mph. Second was about 65mph. Yes I'm stupid. But I love feeling the power of bikes.

Well I took your advice and jumped on my 89 fj1200. And rode up from my house along the east side of Lake Winnebago. Then took 35 along the shoreline of the bay. Then 2 across the top of Lake Michigan. 94 through the Hiawatha national forest
To Munising Michigan. Then rode the M28 west very senic. Left 6am this morning. Rode 625 miles in 12.45 hrs. Stopped to eat 2 times. And took some pictures.

Thank you so much for those photos. It's still as awesome as I remember.

From my very limited riding in the USA, I'd suggest Beartooth Highway (after leaving Yellowstone through North-East entrance) and Going to Sun Road, Glacier National Park. Both in Montana. Highway 16A Mt. Rushmore is also great (South Dakota of course). All great for scenery and infinite twisties, but the last two might be slow at times in season. Which is not a bad thing for some.

View attachment 91043

Just a curve or two. Wow. What a very good photos. Great sharpness and clarity. Not to mention the subject.

Back