Windscreens and Farings that fit a Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbone

Reaction score
There have been quite a few inquiries lately about windscreens of various sizes, some wanted for complete wind protection while others just wanted a sportier look with minimal protection. Here is a start on a list that I will keep all the new listing in the first post for handy reference. Please check for and patronizevendor

Yamaha - The factory sportshield is not sold by Yamaha anymore but can be found quite often on Ebay, or here at Vmax fourm. (see post #5 by Vmax-Mike, or can be found in the VMAX PARTS FOR SALE. See BUY & SELL button at top of page for VMF Classified sections.)

Bike Screen - Factory windscreens and custom windscreen.

GIVI - Universal and custom windscreens.

Exactrep - Provides several options for the Vmax.

Slipstreamer - I used both their Spitfire and their Hellfire shields successfully on my ol' 86 Max. (Thanks naughtyG) Note: m-cman reports that the Hellfire V may require modification of the brackets to install.

Rifle - Superbike fairing receives this response "Great for overall coverage - Large though. Rifle has several sizes to fit Max. (Rifle's) Superbike is in the middle." (Thanks m-cman)

Memphis Shades - Looks like a full coverage windshield! Additional $25 for turnsignal reloacation kit and many tints to match up to your Vmax paint! (Thanks 06MAXIMUS!)

Last edited:
Im thinking about selling my sceen for $60 + shipping you can see it in my 2002 album. Make me an offer.

Rifle products work well. Had a Superbike Fairing on my Max and another bike. Various size windshields are available. Can get in primer so can paint to match. Have tried several different shields. Depends on coverage wanted. Listed below is what I have tried and my impressions.

Rifle Superbike. Great for overall coverage - Large though. Rifle has several sizes to fit Max. Superbike is in the middle.
Hellfire V - Had to modify brackets to fit even though were supposed to be for Max. Very good coverage but large. Was very hot here in Texas in summer because of little air flow.
OEM Mini Shield - Good compromise. Used on 3500 mile trip and was ok.
OEM Instrument cover - Not much improvement over no shield.
Givi small shield. A little larger than above with better coverage and what is currently on my Max.

My favorite is the Rifle but will have to have painted to match my custom paint and my painter has tremendous backlog...

Hellfire V - Had to modify brackets to fit even though were supposed to be for Max. Very good coverage but large. Was very hot here in Texas in summer because of little air flow.

I mounted my Hellfire a little higher, which allowed for much better airflow in the Florida heat. The only downer was the added noise at highway speeds..

The lower brackets did have extensions though - it would not have fitted otherwise.

I mounted my Hellfire a little higher, which allowed for much better airflow in the Florida heat. The only downer was the added noise at highway speeds..

The lower brackets did have extensions though - it would not have fitted otherwise.

Didn't you buy that from me? Those extensions were my mods. :clapping:

I did indeed :)

It was a good windshield but way too hot here in Texas in the summer. Seemed to funnel the hot engine air to the driver area. Would be great for trips or cool/cold weather. Really blocked the wind.

I'm looking into a Memphis Shades Bullitt faring. More for looks though. I've contacted the company numerous times for headlight size but to no avail. Its also acrilic---- not as good as Lexan????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will order the Bullitt fairing today

Yesterday I machined a billet fork clamp.:eusa_dance: Three more to go. Once I get the fairing I'll fab up some struts and I have the only Memphis Shades Bullitt fairing on a V-Max in the country????

And once I figure out how to post pictures I have them up on site also.:bang head:
Lew

Back