Yamaha parts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So a little while ago, I picked up a mini-max (Fazer 700). It's a fantastic bike and really cemented my love for Yamaha. Currently I am in the process of serving the carbs and decided to take a closer look at the engine. It runs very well, but it's obviously been sitting for some time and needs miscellaneous gaskets here and there. What I want to know is where can I find a decent alternative for parts, OEM is ungodly expensive! It will take a hair over a grand to make this bike properly road worthy again and this is, for the most part, normal maintenance items. A valve cover gasket costs $113 off of Yamaha parts house, I just about shit my pants when I saw that! I figured $40 would be the absolute most for a damn valve cover gasket.

Christ on a bike, a valve cover gasket only costs $14 for a jeep 4.0.

Couple of us was going to stay in Fredericksburg for the colonial beach bike week but the weather cancelled that
Don't want to ride in the cold? If you have a few of the gaskets I'm after, I'll buy em man. I only live about an hour and a half away

I have a huge pile of FZX/Fazer parts but can't help get the pricing down on OEM parts. A few gasket/seal parts are available from places Vesrah and others. Just have to check around for your options.

I have a huge pile of FZX/Fazer parts but can't help get the pricing down on OEM parts. A few gasket/seal parts are available from places Vesrah and others. Just have to check around for your options.
Understandable and thank you for the leads on parts suppliers. Also, would you happen to know the o-ring size for the oat needle assembly? I tried 9mm o-rings and they are able to seat into the groove, but they seam a little too snug.

Don't want to ride in the cold? If you have a few of the gaskets I'm after, I'll buy em man. I only live about an hour and a half away
RAIN was the cause of cancellation this year.....hate the cold too arthritis makes for a stiff and painful ride ... Keep an eye out for Southwest Va Vmax rides and Tenn and Pa

Understandable and thank you for the leads on parts suppliers. Also, would you happen to know the o-ring size for the oat needle assembly? I tried 9mm o-rings and they are able to seat into the groove, but they seam a little too snug.

I'm not sure? I have used some in the universal kits from the auto parts store as I recall though?

Back