'06-'07 engine paint

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
I need to paint part of my '06 engine once the repairs are complete. I know I can go to colorite and buy a $40 can of spray paint and then another $8 or so to ship it. Not really looking forward to doing that though.

I was wondering if anyone has found a readily available paint that would match up fairly decent?

The vmax side panels ( that cover the gas tank)on the 06 are bi tone. The bottom half of the side panel matches the motor. I just took my new clutch cover into a body shop along with the vmax side panel and told them to match the bottom half. They did the matching for me and painted the clutch cover on my 06. $30 + tax . Don't know if that helps but thought id share what I recently did.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Check out Rustoleum Professional series in the silver can and look for the "Satin gloss" black. It is not the Flat black. I used it for a touch up repair successfully. There is also an aluminum specific primer made to go with it. Eight bucks a can. Make sure you get the Fast Coverage spray tip. Its white and broad. Not the little red thing they used to use.

Is the engine out? I know those newer bikes are a different color and texture. Maybe talk to a Yamaha dealer get the color code and PN. And maybe search the internet for some crosses

Yep, engine is out. I just need to paint the back side of the block around the output shaft. Its not a highly visible area either. Was hoping someone found an off the shelf item that was a decent match. Doesn't have to be perfect.

Latest posts

Back