1985 Winder Drag Bike

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hubeerjw

Reaction score
Well, I just spent my hard earned $$ on a very rough 85 Vmax. I'm going to try and turn it into my drag bike and keep my 02 for everyday riding.
This 85 needs plenty of work, the motor is pretty tight, the carbs need to soak about all winter long, the tank is rusty, the forks are bent, but she is a diamond in the rough.

I am going to have a few NOS parts that came with the bike....
Front Fender
Mufflers
Radiator

I also have another frame and a few more parts that I won't be using, so if anyone needs anything feel free to let me know. I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow.

Jeff

Got some pic's?

I've got a complete front end, stk front/rear seat and a stk swingarm if you need it. Also may part with a draw through turbo kit. Will save you the trouble with messing with the stk carbs, since the turbo comes with one. Has an S&S Super B which would work great on a drag bike.

Got some pic's?

I've got a complete front end, stk front/rear seat and a stk swingarm if you need it. Also may part with a draw through turbo kit. Will save you the trouble with messing with the stk carbs, since the turbo comes with one. Has an S&S Super B which would work great on a drag bike.

That turbo sounds like fun!!!!! I have almost everything I need, except more $$ and more time. I have a complete front end to replace it so I should be o.k. there. I have the seat too, but it has seen better days.. mostly sun faded, but no cracks or tears. This would probably be a good set to have Morley work on.

I'm basically at the point of "what can I remove" and still have a functional bike. I have carbs, intake, brakes, rust tank... I mean fuel tank, electronics, and exhaust removed.

I was looking at the VIN and it was MFG in Jan of 85. bike # 771. I also have another fram from Feb of 85 and it's # was in the 2000's.

I'll try to get some pics up soon... it's too much fun to rip shit apart!

If your building a drag bike you dont need a 4 gal gas tank. Have some build you a 1/2 Gal fuel cell out of a Aluminum and weld some tabs in where the exisiting tank was.
1St Step in building a dragbike is strip it down to thw bare frame.
Have it powder coated with one coat only of high gloss black.
Take the OEM wiring harness and trash.

Telling you now.... Its MUCH MUCH cheaper to buy a dragbike than build one. I had over 25K in my GSXR pro gas bike and that was back in 91
Get ready for some time investment, when you think its simple to just rig up a bracket for something you will have hours invested.. TIME AND MONEY to build a dragbike.

Latest posts

Back