2nd gen California compliant vs 49 state version?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy

Reaction score
Hey all! I tried doing a little research on this but just wasn't sure what the actual answer was. Does anyone happen to know what, if any, difference there is between a vmax 1700 bought in California versus any other state? I know they have stricter emission laws etc. Just curious if there's any difference in power or if there is some sort of emission compliance parts, how easy they are to remove. I'm thinking about flying to California from the east coast to pick up a 2012 and wanted to double check about this first.

Power is the same. I can't remember off hand what if anything you need to bother removing.

Hey all! I tried doing a little research on this but just wasn't sure what the actual answer was. Does anyone happen to know what, if any, difference there is between a vmax 1700 bought in California versus any other state? I know they have stricter emission laws etc. Just curious if there's any difference in power or if there is some sort of emission compliance parts, how easy they are to remove. I'm thinking about flying to California from the east coast to pick up a 2012 and wanted to double check about this first.
Hi
I got 2019 at 7300 miles from Simi Vally dealer what I understand is the emissions weight about 5 pounds extra from the factory and only the factory can add the parts to the unit and if you want to buy out of state unit and want to bring to California must have at least 7500 miles on it to register to dmv I can ask Yamaha dealer mechanic here and let you know
Gorki

Latest posts

Back