2step on a gen2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you talking about an electronic box like a Schnitz to control a NOS system?

Trying to figure out what the benefit of a 2-step would be...especially on a naturally aspirated vehicle.

Most bikes bracket racing use a 2step just asking if anybody here has any first hand experience with one here !
I have I have one on my Gen 2. I have the dynojet version. Its wired in exactly like the instructions. The upside, its easy to do, and works. The downside, you turn it off and on, IN THE ELECTRONICS.....VIA LAPTOP. So you turn it on, and you cant go riding around town, because its on. You can wire in a switch to bump it (or interrupt it for a certain number of seconds) but it doesnt matter what gear your in. When your drag racing, not an issue, but for having fun around town, it is. Because you cant turn it off and on with a switch, I'm looking at installing the healtech version, and see how well it works.

I have I have one on my Gen 2. I have the dynojet version. Its wired in exactly like the instructions. The upside, its easy to do, and works. The downside, you turn it off and on, IN THE ELECTRONICS.....VIA LAPTOP. So you turn it on, and you cant go riding around town, because its on. You can wire in a switch to bump it (or interrupt it for a certain number of seconds) but it doesnt matter what gear your in. When your drag racing, not an issue, but for having fun around town, it is. Because you cant turn it off and on with a switch, I'm looking at installing the healtech version, and see how well it works.

If it's only activated when you have the clutch lever pulled why can't you ride it around town, if you just don't rev it at a stop it should never activate unintentionally ??

If it's only activated when you have the clutch lever pulled why can't you ride it around town, if you just don't rev it at a stop it should never activate unintentionally ??
The problem is the gen 2 clutch. The clutch wire ( ground) should be clean.....no voltage at all. There is actually something like .669 volts on the ground wire all of the time. Friends have contacted dynojet and dynojets solution was to get into the gear wire, to where the 2 step would work in first gear only. As set up......the 2 step is on.....all of the time, clutch pulled in or not.

Now there is a work around, to use the middle space on the clutch switch. It's empty. I've run a wire from it, into the 2step, which is the dynojet ignition module. It works well enough....as you can see in the video.....but I seriously want to try the healtech version, which has traction control, as well as a 2 step. Healtech has some good equipment. I use their quickshifter, and the speedo healer.

Last edited:
The problem is the gen 2 clutch. The clutch wire ( ground) should be clean.....no voltage at all. There is actually something like .669 volts on the ground wire all of the time. Friends have contacted dynojet and dynojets solution was to get into the gear wire, to where the 2 step would work in first gear only. As set up......the 2 step is on.....all of the time, clutch pulled in or not.

Now there is a work around, to use the middle space on the clutch switch. It's empty. I've run a wire from it, into the 2step, which is the dynojet ignition module. It works well enough....as you can see in the video.....but I seriously want to try the healtech version, which has traction control, as well as a 2 step. Healtech has some good equipment. I use their quickshifter, and the speedo healer.
Heres a dumb idea. Why not wire your two step module to the 12V power connector of the Shift Light on the instrument cluster? Through the dash you can program what RPM range the light comes and an even select individual gears. If you only want it to come on in first gear you can program it to do so. Then when you are ready to rip around town just have a switch in between the lights power source and the ignition interrupt module or you could just turn off the shift light within the bikes built in dash.

I can guarantee he does as he remote tuned one of my Hayabusas by using my instance of Woolich via a screen share.
Not disagreeing with you , As I’m fully impressed with the Results on my 14r .
I have spoke with him awhile back and he is a Pro at what he does .
Take Care , 1SK14R

The tuning aspect regarding Woolich and Moore is a given. For other options you'll have to go into the Race Tools section which not every option is available to every bike they tune.
Not Sure,
But he did mine on my 2012 Zx14r Golden Blazed Green Edition and it was a Big Difference.
Especially with all the other Mods .
Great Guy, Great Business.

BTW I too have a 2012 ZX14r Golden Blaze Green with Woolich tuning parts and some of the Race Tune options. Just got this SWB bike into the 9.30's @ 150+mph. At 65yrs old and 245 lbs, that is a fun bike to run

The tuning aspect regarding Woolich and Moore is a given. For other options you'll have to go into the Race Tools section which not every option is available to every bike they tune.

BTW I too have a 2012 ZX14r Golden Blaze Green with Woolich tuning parts and some of the Race Tune options. Just got this SWB bike into the 9.30's @ 150+mph. At 65yrs old and 245 lbs, that is a fun bike to run
That’s pretty quick . Haven’t been to the track yet . But we have
one 20 minutes away . Would like to go one weekend and see what it will do .Mine is SWB as well and hard to keep down when open wide open . It sounds like you have a Great Set-Up on your Ninja . And yes They are a blast to ride .

That’s pretty quick . Haven’t been to the track yet . But we have
one 20 minutes away . Would like to go one weekend and see what it will do .Mine is SWB as well and hard to keep down when open wide open . It sounds like you have a Great Set-Up on your Ninja . And yes They are a blast to ride .
Some Goodys include.,
Snitchz Racing Trac King Clutch Plate Kit
Brock’s Heavy Duty Clutch Spring’s
Brock’s Slipper Clutch Eliminator Kit
HEALTECH Quick Shifter “Programmable”
And the ECU Flash by Chris as mentioned.
With the M4 GP’s for Exhaust.
Thinking on the VooDoo’s now .

Back