30” inseam, lowering

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerbellybill

Reaction score
I have a 30” inseam and love my max. It’s a bit challenging on stops my heals with boots still about 1” not low enough. I set all the preloads to soft and was wondering if there was anything else I could try without butchering my seat.

I have a 30” inseam and love my max. It’s a bit challenging on stops my heals with boots still about 1” not low enough. I set all the preloads to soft and was wondering if there was anything else I could try without butchering my seat.
I have a 32 inch inseam....so I'm right there with you. First I went with a Corbin seat. They are a little bit narrowed in the front so it makes it easier to touch. Secondly I scooted the front forks up about an inch in the triple trees, so the front of the bike is lowered. I can't touch flat footed....but only about 1/2 an inch from it, so at a stop light I am comfortable on the balls of my feet.

Eric

Morleys Seat for the Gen 2 lowers the ride height an inch or so. I am 6ft tall. I can feel the pinch up in my knees when riding due to it being shorter. Might wanna talk to him about the reshape on the front seat if you already havent done so.

And I have ridden out to him, swapped the seat and put about 750 miles on it as soon as it was on. So, I have some decent mileage for comparison right out of the gate.

A friend and I ordered a Gen 2 the day they were announced in 08. He's 6-1 so lowering (my inseam is 29) was not a good option option for us. I just use boots with a 1 inch heel. I bought him out years ago but I'm leaving it as-is. Maybe try it for a few rides and adapt?

Latest posts

Back