300mm-diameter rotors compatibility

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninjaneer

Reaction score
300mm-diameter rotors

Will 300mm-diameter rotors work with the 93-07 front calipers? How 'bout with R1/R6 calipers? Is there any benefit or detriment compared to the 298mm-diametered?

Never heard of anyone fitting them. I can't see a radius of 1mm adding that much braking power. I would imagine it would be damn close for the calipers to work with no mods. If anything, you may need to clearance the caliper body a bit with a file or other tool of choice.

They're being sold here . They look very similar to the Chinese eBay wavies that some of the guys are putting on. The title of the ad is very clear what is the compatible make/model and year, but the fine print states that they are 300mm. I'm looking at them b/c the vendor sells a "normal" 282mm for the rear and would like to advantage of the shipping cost.

Last edited:
i bet someone measured wrong. why not just order them from the guy these guys have had luck with?

is the price that much better?

Those rotors work fine. They should be 298 but if they were 300 there would be no issue. the rear is 282 not 292... Just for you all to know these rotors are all made on the same place, these guys are just retailers... If you want to become one just contact Arashi and tell them that you are willing to make on order of 1000 rotors and you are set...

Thanks everyone for the responses! I think y'all must be right, they're polly the 298s that are all over eBay.

i bet someone measured wrong.
perhaps you right. i mean they look "suspiciously" just like the other ones. i sent a message to the vendor questioning the "300mm" and whether or not it was a misprint. their response was: that because they have had 22 other complaint-free transactions, they were sure that they would fit. the same old typical response from the eBay stores--the "we never personally measured them and won't bother to take the time to verify the measurements, neither" kind of response, know what i mean?

why not just order them from the guy these guys have had luck with?is the price that much better?
they sell the front rotors, on sale, for about the same as the rest of the eBay stores/distributors when all is said and done (money exchange rates, shipping, etc.). they sell the rear rotor, on sale, for about $10 more than his most competitive eBay competitor. However, for the next day or so, the store'll mail the front AND rear rotors "as a set" for $10 less (all said and done) than if one were to combine the least costly fronts from one vendor and the least costly rear from another vendor. Yamaha VMX12 V-Max Front/Rear Brake Disc Rotor 93-07 ($252).

Last edited:
Those rotors work fine. They should be 298 but if they were 300 there would be no issue. the rear is 282 not 292... Just for you all to know these rotors are all made on the same place, these guys are just retailers... If you want to become one just contact Arashi and tell them that you are willing to make on order of 1000 rotors and you are set...
thanks for the info. yeah they sure do look the same as the other ones that are being sold. i fat-fingered the rear diameter. the rear is 282 as you said. good catch.

Is Arashi the brand name for these rotors?

thanks for the info. yeah they sure do look the same as the other ones that are being sold. i fat-fingered the rear diameter. the rear is 282 as you said. good catch.

Is Arashi the brand name for these rotors?

Yes they are the biggest manufacturers... May be some others but those are the biggest

I got them on my 85. I never measured the OD but I think they will fit the 93 on front end.

Attachments

• 20110910_035.jpg
    20110910_035.jpg
    78.9 KB
  • 20101215_001.jpg
    20101215_001.jpg
    70.9 KB
  • 20110115_010.jpg
    20110115_010.jpg
    56.4 KB
Oh, I forgot. Theres another chinese guy (Toby Huang) selling rotors. They are not the same, but he has been selling his for quite a few years. He's the one that people on R1 forums say are good, because they have been running them for years.

I got mine from "racingboy" last year. I hadn't seen these ones before he edvertised. The Toby Huang ones are the same as this - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Brake...1071&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Yep. racingboy's are the "300mm"s paired with the 282. I took the leap and bought them. Only have had one run, but they are working out effin great!!!!

regards from my tapatalking android...

The first ride with these and HH pads, my radar detecter went off and I grabed my usual big hand full of front brake and locked up for about 10 feet. So much better than stock, even with my early calipers.

Back