41mpg ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripinanroarin

Reaction score
well My buddy and I headed for a ride tonight.We went to a small town 41 miles away.I filled the tank to the brim before I left.When we got there, I went to the pumps and put 4.85 liters of gas in."4.8 equals 1 canadian gallon." So that works out to 41mpg..no? I used the same amount as my old harley. I am impressed ....especialy hearing what others were getting.I would of been happy with 30mpg. So I did a plug read...light tan in color. The average speed was 115 kilometers an hour "71mph"

Thats great. I'm 40-42 on the highway and 36-38 in town depending on how much wrist I put into it.

well My buddy and I headed for a ride tonight.We went to a small town 41 miles away.I filled the tank to the brim before I left.When we got there, I went to the pumps and put 4.85 liters of gas in."4.8 equals 1 canadian gallon." So that works out to 41mpg..no? I used the same amount as my old harley. I am impressed ....especialy hearing what others were getting.I would of been happy with 30mpg. So I did a plug read...light tan in color. The average speed was 115 kilometers an hour "71mph"

you sure ,thought imp gal was 4.54L/gal. not 4.8
3.785L/usgal so
37.6 US gals/mile which is what most guys here are use to.

Hey Rhoy,the low fuel light usually comes on when the first 3 gallons are gone.3gal x 41 mpg =123 miles,witch is about right.I never got 155mi on 3gal.That would be 51.6 mpg.Maybe down hill with a really good tail wind.

you sure ,thought imp gal was 4.54L/gal. not 4.8
3.785L/usgal so
37.6 US gals/mile which is what most guys here are use to.

Crap...your right..4.55 well there goes my 41mpg. Lets say 38 0r 39mpg. What was I thinking, darn head cold. Still happy.:biglaugh:

for sure its good, i just got 42mpg last weekend on the highway doing 75-78 mph. on way home was down to 37-38 think due to crazy headwinds for 5 hrs. not bad, never got to the fuel light, fuel stops 90-100 miles each time.

The BEST mileage I ever achieved: 41mpg.

Augusta, Kansas to Iola, Kansas. Late afternoon/evening. ZERO wind. Riding two up. Cruising almost continuously @ 80mph. Tach was @ 5000rpm's - that sweet spot right before Vboost opens.

I thought it odd at the time that I could get 4mpg better @80mph than I did going the other direction doing an average 60mpg. I had set out doing the 60mph trying to see exactly how Max was doing on gas mileage. After seeing the 36mpg average going to relatives' house in Newton, Ks, i put the coals to it coming home, not caring what it got, and ended up getting the better mileage #. I guess the terrain would be slightly different doing the same hwy in the opposite direction too.

should mention that when i got the 42 or usually i get 40 my bikes got a stg 7, no vboost valves there and kerker can on it, and im not light or very aerodynamic hahahah

The BEST mileage I ever achieved: 41mpg.

Augusta, Kansas to Iola, Kansas. Late afternoon/evening. ZERO wind. Riding two up. Cruising almost continuously @ 80mph. Tach was @ 5000rpm's - that sweet spot right before Vboost opens.

I thought it odd at the time that I could get 4mpg better @80mph than I did going the other direction doing an average 60mpg. I had set out doing the 60mph trying to see exactly how Max was doing on gas mileage. After seeing the 36mpg average going to relatives' house in Newton, Ks, i put the coals to it coming home, not caring what it got, and ended up getting the better mileage #. I guess the terrain would be slightly different doing the same hwy in the opposite direction too.

I think your right.....I had a 1978 yamaha xs-1100, and it got better gas milage at 75mph.it seems 60mph was to slow for the gearing it had.

the best i ever got was about 40 but i average between 31 and 35 with 90% of my riding on the interstate

I ride my 07 everday to work about 50 miles round trip, 70 to 75 for @ 18 miles and 5 or 6 at city speeds, I always keep up with my milage and always get b/w 39 and 41....

I typically get 40-42 on 75mph highway riding. Stage 1 jets, and a Venture drive. 75mph works out to be about 4400RPM.

The absolute worst I ever got was 32, and that was about half a tank at 100+, and the other half sitting in traffic.

Latest posts

Back