'85 V Max carbs....ey?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You may be right on the money there Bill!! :rofl_200:

I sent him an email, which he responded to....check this:

Me: I have no idea what these carbs came off but one thing for sure, they did not come from a 1985 Yamaha V Max 1200! You better do some more checking and revise your listing!

The guy: Yes, they were removed from the bike as listed.

I'm thinking of writing him back saying "Dude, if they came off a 1985 V Max then they came off the luggage rack....cause they sure weren't bolted to the motor!!"

Maybe a little too sarcastic....ya think? :confused2:

I think we got the makings of a good little contest here!

Does anybody know what bike these carbs are from?

Looks to me like connecting pipes with o-rings on one of them, this is probly common venting suggesting they came off an in-line four.

Anybody.....?

I sent an email as well. To complicate matters he does have an 85 vmax engine for sale as well.

hey dan, maybe ask him vmax snowmobile or vmax bike

Thought of that Rov but the ad mentioned 32K miles....that's a lot of 'over the snow' miles....ey?

I sent an email as well. To complicate matters he does have an 85 vmax engine for sale as well.

Yeah, something odd there, somebody brought him a bunch of stuff in a box or something?? :confused2:

Have you ever seen carbs like that Sean? Are they even Mikuni's??

Thought of that Rov but the ad mentioned 32K miles....that's a lot of 'over the snow' miles....ey?

Yeah, something odd there, somebody brought him a bunch of stuff in a box or something?? :confused2:

Have you ever seen carbs like that Sean? Are they even Mikuni's??

ya man thats tons for sled, not unheard but not common by any stretch. they do hav a a unique look the carbs eh, ive seen something like that once but still starching my head as to what they were on.

Looks like off a modern inline sportbike though the metal slide covers means it's not all that new. Looks like he canceled the auction.
Sean

Back