85 VMAX in San Fran

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You gotta love the way he says 'car' bought at auction,

and

WOW the quality of those pictures!!

Bwaaahahaha what a loser..

Maybe it's "$80" and his finger slipped? I have a brother there, maybe he should go look at it & make him an $80 offer! "The pictures showed something which looked so-bad I figured it was a typo listing it for $800, and now that I see it in this condition, I know you must mean "$80!"

its probably worth $100 or two. wheels and carb bodies?

Well his new add says the VIN ends in #135 so that's a pretty early production #.

I just searched for the ad & must have 'bad eyes,' I didn't see any reference to the vin. My brother lives in The Mission District, not far from this lump. Still too-much $! Parts bike only price.

Wow, I don't know what to say on that one.
I'd be kinda interested in that Beemer that's in the background.

WOW! what a find... I like the electrical tape seat repair. My son has expressed buying a Vmax and fixing it up like his old mans. I will be sure to steer him far away from this one.... YIKES

He's at 700 FIRM! I wouldn't be surprised if some bike dismantler bought it, could probably part it out and make a couple bucks off of it.

well I hope that if someone does buy it, I hope it either gets used for parts or someone takes the time to fix it up, if not past the point of no return. I really do not see it going back on the road as it is without a lot love and money.

He's at 700 FIRM! I wouldn't be surprised if some bike dismantler bought it, could probably part it out and make a couple bucks off of it.

I bought a CBX some years ago from a guy in Corpus that was in very much the same condition. I later found out after splitting the cases that the bike had been submerged in sea water. The whole thing was pretty much trash. Once the metal starts powdering like this one is there is pretty much no hope that very much will be re-usable. I over paid at 250 for it. This guy is pipe dreaming for his price in this condition....But like my dear old Dad always says "there is a point on every road where 2 fools meet. One asks and the other gives.":worthy::ummm:

I placed 10 bids on it I have a limit of $1.90. And I have asked him if it had been underwater.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250988571175#ht_5447wt_1165
I am the high winner but the reserve has not been meet. Along with asking him questions, I think we all show place a few bids but only raise the bid by $.01 per bid.

LOL look at "other items" that he has for sale.... HOLY CRAP that bike has a twin.... No it can't be :confused2: he has it selling in two auctions at the same time :ummm: ? What an IDIOT!

Back