97 VMAX Chick

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erin

Reaction score
I learned to ride, very beginner stuff, when I was a teenager and had always had an interest to get a bike when I became an adult. Years passed and I took a motorcycle class in my 30s, intending to get one very soon after. Then I started a family and put it on the back burner. Two years ago, I took another course and jumped at the first easy opportunity for motorcycle ownership and riding. Not knowing what I was getting myself into, I purchased a Vmax. It's been two years and not only have I enjoyed the time riding, I've also rebuilt the forks and have done some other maintenance items on it. Looking forward to gaining insights into modifications and ways to improve it's performance (in a maintenance sense, not racing). Glad to be here!

Attachments

• IMG_20220528_155658.jpg
    IMG_20220528_155658.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20230825_113004636.jpg
    PXL_20230825_113004636.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 3
Welcome to the Machine

Just an observation and I’m sure you’re aware…..don’t put anything solid in that fork bag….my experience has been the first hard compression of those forks and you end up with a nice dent or broken fender.

YMMV of course 👍🏻

Welcome to the Machine

Just an observation and I’m sure you’re aware…..don’t put anything solid in that fork bag….my experience has been the first hard compression of those forks and you end up with a nice dent or broken fender.

YMMV of course 👍🏻
Great info, thanks!

Welcome Erin,

I also have a 1997 model. Looks like there has been a lot of things done to the bike already. You may want to list the things you have done and what the prior owner did, if you know.

From what I can see:

Forward controls
Headlight Visor (not in later pic)
Billet Turn Signals
Aftermarket Seat (97 seat is black and gray)
Custom billet handlebar end caps
12 VDC accessory plug with spring lid
T-Bags
Fork Bag (not in later pic)
Aftermarket Mirrors
Aftermarket Exhaust
Carbon Fiber Brake and Clutch Levers
Throttle Rest

Cheers,
Z.

Welcome Erin,

I also have a 1997 model. Looks like there has been a lot of things done to the bike already. You may want to list the things you have done and what the prior owner did, if you know.

From what I can see:

Forward controls
Headlight Visor (not in later pic)
Billet Turn Signals
Aftermarket Seat (97 seat is black and gray)
Custom billet handlebar end caps
12 VDC accessory plug with spring lid
T-Bags
Fork Bag (not in later pic)
Aftermarket Mirrors
Aftermarket Exhaust
Carbon Fiber Brake and Clutch Levers
Throttle Rest

Cheers,
Z.
Thanks for the welcome and list! Some of those I was not aware were not stock. I often don't know specs, just work on things needing replaced. But it's nice to see that list and be able to add to it as needed. Much appreciated!

Somthing not seen very often- A cool woman riding max! Since you ride
You should try my wifes favorite winter activity
snowmobiling! Got her one 2 years ago and has so much fun that now she has t shirts that say "summer sucks" lol
Welcome

Somthing not seen very often- A cool woman riding max! Since you ride
You should try my wifes favorite winter activity
snowmobiling! Got her one 2 years ago and has so much fun that now she has t shirts that say "summer sucks" lol
'm not a fan of this long winter season in Indiana so that's something I might have to incorporate!

If you would like to try before you buy let me know. You can ride one of ours anytime. All of our sleds are faster than my vmax. We are in kalamazoo and have land in the U.P.

Latest posts

Back