A few questions on some cosmetic mods

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vmax06

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'd like to do some minor mods to the vmax for this season of riding and I was wondering if you could help answer a few questions for me. I would like to get rid of the big stock lolipop looking blinkers and get some mini smoked turn signals. Which ones do u guys reccomend getting? Can I use LED ones without changing much wiring? I want to get ones that look and fit the good. Also, what do you guys reccomend for engine gaurds? The previous owner installed some factory Yamaha chrome engine gaurds/forward footrests. They work just fine but the chrome doesnt really fit in with the rest of the bike. Also, how hard it is to change the handlebar end caps? The one on the right side of my bike keeps coming loose and I'd like to replace them with something that looks a little nicer. Have any of you used a bar snake? Just wondering if it would be worth the money or not. Lastly, I was wondering what you guys do to clean up the taillight licsense plate area of the back of the bike? I havent found much on how make it a little less bulky. Sorry for all the questions and thanks for any help you can provide. Its an 06 if it matters.

Here are some of the things I've done to mine. Got these engine guards from Sean Morley. Made by forum member Jedi. http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=13860&highlight=jedi

Got these turn signals off ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yama...QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessoriesQQvilZ1
I got the brushed aluminum ones instead of chrome. You can usually get the smoked lenses as well.

I ditched the entire taillight assembly because I chopped my fender down. Went with this setup that Coprunner had come up with. Super bright and much cleaner looking IMO. This link shows my bike with both the engine guards and the taillight setup. http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=16517&highlight=winter+mods

There are a ton of different options out there, just depends on what look you're going for. Good luck.

Keep in mind if you go with the smaller signals the flash rate will increase somewhat. If you go to LED's some mods are needed. First, you need a couple of resistors to slow the flash rate. Then, need to modify the dash signal with a diode.

Hey guys, I'd like to do some minor mods to the vmax for this season of riding and I was wondering if you could help answer a few questions for me. I would like to get rid of the big stock lolipop looking blinkers and get some mini smoked turn signals. Which ones do u guys reccomend getting? Can I use LED ones without changing much wiring? I want to get ones that look and fit the good. Also, what do you guys reccomend for engine gaurds? The previous owner installed some factory Yamaha chrome engine gaurds/forward footrests. They work just fine but the chrome doesnt really fit in with the rest of the bike. Also, how hard it is to change the handlebar end caps? The one on the right side of my bike keeps coming loose and I'd like to replace them with something that looks a little nicer. Have any of you used a bar snake? Just wondering if it would be worth the money or not. Lastly, I was wondering what you guys do to clean up the taillight licsense plate area of the back of the bike? I havent found much on how make it a little less bulky. Sorry for all the questions and thanks for any help you can provide. Its an 06 if it matters.

We have a number of signals available and even more the is listed on our website. The aluminum signals are not LED but work well and look good. The sport signals also work well and are available in the requested colors you are asking about. There aren't as many black housing LED signals out there though.

You can powercoat the OEM guards black which look good. I have a couple of sets on hand we can work an exchange on. Also, we can even modify the ends to accept rear passenger pegs that fold up. See pics of the modification we just posted on our Facebook site.

We also have a new rear plate setup that even has built in signals (so you'd only need a front set). Pics are on the facebook site too.

Bar ends are available in all kinds of styles. We have bar ends that match the D3 grips we sell though they can be used by themselves. Some grips we sell like the Kuryakyn's are closed end and don't have the open bar with the filler caps.

Sean

Hey guys, I had a few emails with Sean and I think he will get me taken care of! Great guy to talk to, very helpful!

Latest posts

Back