Another greenhorn question?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BothaBoeta

Reaction score
The Vboost on mine stopped working,what is that Vboost motor called?A Vboost motor?What is a Servo Motor?
Guy who fixes my bike wired open the carbs,apparently now I have permanent Vboost.Is this advisable.Would this make the bike rev higher?How much does a VBoost motor run?
Cheers
Philip

The Vboost on mine stopped working,what is that Vboost motor called?A Vboost motor?What is a Servo Motor?
Guy who fixes my bike wired open the carbs,apparently now I have permanent Vboost.Is this advisable.Would this make the bike rev higher?How much does a VBoost motor run?
Cheers
Philip

It's called a servo motor. You can run with the v boost open but it will probably cost you hp and gas mileage.
Sean Morley can hook you up with the servo, check with him.

Also, most of the time, it stops working because of bad connections either in the cable or the vboost controller (square electrical box under left scoop).

Check and clean all connections first, then check: does the vboost valve cycle open/close when you switch the bike one?

Then, you can remove and open the vboost controller, remelt all solderings with a soldering iron, and most of the time it'll come back to life :)

Latest posts

Back