Another round of where the F*** does this go?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREEN light BLITZ

Reaction score
Its a little metal rod with some weird bends in it...been told by the numb nut that took it out it "came out with the clutch":ummm:

But the book and micro fiche say otherwise....any ideas guys? I swear this is the LAST part Im ganna have to do this with.:bang head:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    8.7 KB
haha it goes IN the bolt that holds the flywheel on.

What does it do in there? Can I get away without it or at least just taking the bolt out through the inspection port rather than the whole stator cover?

DONE! shoulda timed myself that was crazy-easy with a proper impact gun. Thanks guys! You guys have all helped me out so much lately. A great debt of gratitude to everyone...

np. a lot of those little parts are funky like that. glad it was easy, hopefully your cover wasn't on yet!

I have an electric idustrustrial impact an iron worker buddy loaned me, I was able to just take off the inspection plate and zap the bolt out without disturbing anything else. Easy cheesy.
Minus putting the clutch back in everything is back in the bike now and were nearly ready to fire it up.No extra pieces sitting around wondering where they went either. Just waitin on a bearing keeper in the mail now. Got fluids in it and everything already. With luck I will hear her roar today.

I have an electric idustrustrial impact an iron worker buddy loaned me, I was able to just take off the inspection plate and zap the bolt out without disturbing anything else. Easy cheesy.
Minus putting the clutch back in everything is back in the bike now and were nearly ready to fire it up.No extra pieces sitting around wondering where they went either. Just waitin on a bearing keeper in the mail now. Got fluids in it and everything already. With luck I will hear her roar today.

Ahhhh good point forgot u can just take that off, if u have an impact. I have the electric hf 1/2 drive, 8amp. Works incredible.

Last part came in the mail...then I promptly smashed 2 teeth off of the oil pump gear putting the clutch in...won't hear my bike till Monday now. I'm ganna go spend the evening crying now...

Its a little metal rod with some weird bends in it...been told by the numb nut that took it out it "came out with the clutch":ummm:

But the book and micro fiche say otherwise....any ideas guys? I swear this is the LAST part Im ganna have to do this with.:bang head:

Dakota, told ya before dump the left over shit into one of the carbs, go for a fast "bumpy" ride and it should fall back into its proper place. :biglaugh:

Dakota, told ya before dump the left over shit into one of the carbs, go for a fast "bumpy" ride and it should fall back into its proper place. :biglaugh:

Don't go givin me good ideas like that or I won't be able to make out ride! So far I'm lookin pretty well on track!

Back