anyone done handlebar speakers?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kozy

Reaction score
Has anyone tried mounting speakers on the handlebars and hooking up an mp3 player or anything like that? I love listening to the sound of my exhaust on the road, but a little added Metallica or Sevendust with it wouldn't be a bad idea.

I found 2 websites that sell kits. www.chromeworld.com and www.jmcorp.com but they are all a bit high priced for my liking. I'm thinking about finding some 2" waterproof speakers and figuring a way to mount them to my bars and wire it up so that the wire conveniently ends somewhere that I can velcro my mp3 player to.

i agree with the other guys.

but i hate the way those buds fit me so i would recommend these custom molded plugs/buds

http://www.bigearinc.com/Products/catalog.aspx

but you will need to find one of thier reps in your area to custom mold them.

if you really want to stick with speakers, i saw a tank bag that has speakers and radio in it. it was low profile, sleek and clean looking. i tried to find a link to it but cant find it. i thought i saw it in the dennis kirk catalog, but its not there. i did see it at the dealer.

If you don't want to wear ear buds, ( Illegal in my state ) you
can get some small speakers that velcro in your helmet. Chatterbox
and IMC both offer them, the IMC's actually offer a little 3 watt
amp to boost sound.
Regards

I've done handlebar speakers, they are great up to about 45mph but then you just can't hear them. Don't get the small wattage, you won't hear them at all. Get the bigger 50 watt ones. If I'm leaving town, I use the custom molded earplug speakers with the MP3.
Easy MP3 mount: put a large safety pin through the carry case and pin it to your jeans or right glove. Don't attach it to the bike or the vibes will kill it before its time. Won't get stolen off the bike, either.

Thanks for all the info about earbuds guys. I would look into it, but I've tried numerous different earbud-style headphones and my ears were made to not accept them. I must be deformed. No set of earbuds will stay in my ears. Ever.
And I don't hardly ever wear a helmet, so the speakers in the helmet won't help much.

I think I might just be stuck listening to the sound of my exhaust and the wind, or at least until I buy a Goldwing.

Thanks for all the info about earbuds guys. I would look into it, but I've tried numerous different earbud-style headphones and my ears were made to not accept them. I must be deformed. No set of earbuds will stay in my ears. Ever.
And I don't hardly ever wear a helmet, so the speakers in the helmet won't help much.

I think I might just be stuck listening to the sound of my exhaust and the wind, or at least until I buy a Goldwing.

I have the same problem that is why I went with the ones I posted from Comply. They buds are covered in Memory foam, stays put till you pull it out
Cheers

I have the same problem that is why I went with the ones I posted from Comply. They buds are covered in Memory foam, stays put till you pull it out
Cheers

Ahhh ok then. I'll take your word for it, and most likely get a set once the next decent paycheck comes in! Thanks!

You can also get in-ear monitors where they make a silicon mold of your inner ear then mount twin or even triple drivers inside them.
I have twin drivers in the ones I use while on tour, once these things are in your ears they will not go anywhere, even at 135mph.

I would be weary of riding with them though - they have about 40dB noise reduction once fitted, and if you add music even at a low level you will be all but deaf to traffic etc around you.

did you look at the link i posted? custom moled to your ears

Most ear nose and throat doctors can get the molds done for you. They use the molding foam/silicon for making earing aid molds.

i agree with the other guys.

but i hate the way those buds fit me so i would recommend these custom molded plugs/buds

http://www.bigearinc.com/Products/catalog.aspx

but you will need to find one of thier reps in your area to custom mold them.

if you really want to stick with speakers, i saw a tank bag that has speakers and radio in it. it was low profile, sleek and clean looking. i tried to find a link to it but cant find it. i thought i saw it in the dennis kirk catalog, but its not there. i did see it at the dealer.

did you look at the link i posted? custom moled to your ears

Oh yeah, I definitely looked at those. But they all seem a bit steep, pricewise. I'm a bit short on cash for a while. Trying to pay for one super-expensive ass wedding.

Latest posts

Back