Anyone know about these?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just installed some glow shift gauges and they work just fine. I did not install a shift light as I all ready had one. The thing to remember is if you get one with the digital RMP output is that it has to work with 2 cylinder vehicles. If you are just getting the shift light only then you can have one that works with 4 cyclinders you just set the light to go off at half the deisred RPM level.

I just installed some glow shift gauges and they work just fine. I did not install a shift light as I all ready had one. The thing to remember is if you get one with the digital RMP output is that it has to work with 2 cylinder vehicles. If you are just getting the shift light only then you can have one that works with 4 cyclinders you just set the light to go off at half the deisred RPM level.
So what your saying is the one w/ digital rpm wont work? Thats the one I was thinking in green. None say 2 cyl just 4,6,8

Ost, what glowshift gauges did you get?

So what your saying is the one w/ digital rpm wont work? Thats the one I was thinking in green. None say 2 cyl just 4,6,8

No, the digital will not work. I have one installed and even made the adapter circuit to have it draw signal off of two coils. It does work under 3500rpm, but after that it goes to 0. I think there is too much noise in the system for it.
I thought it looked great though. If you decide to go with the shift light only, it has the same body and foot as the digital tach/shift light combo. The curvature of the foot/mount actually matches the speedo cup perfectly, so installation is simple with some exterior grade 3M double sided tape. Here is how mine mounted up:

9D98D94E-A36D-4B22-BEBC-9EC75E905868-9622-00000C9ABBCE8F18.jpg

B018FC63-4916-4244-8011-178D8409BF92-9622-00000C9AD104CD87.jpg

I got there elite 10 tach and water temp gauges. Then made a custom instrument cluster using those and leds with new holders. Can be seen in the pic i just dint have a close up. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346212322.971476.jpg

No, the digital will not work. I have one installed and even made the adapter circuit to have it draw signal off of two coils. It does work under 3500rpm, but after that it goes to 0. I think there is too much noise in the system for it.
I thought it looked great though. If you decide to go with the shift light only, it has the same body and foot as the digital tach/shift light combo. The curvature of the foot/mount actually matches the speedo cup perfectly, so installation is simple with some exterior grade 3M double sided tape. Here is how mine mounted up:

9D98D94E-A36D-4B22-BEBC-9EC75E905868-9622-00000C9ABBCE8F18.jpg

B018FC63-4916-4244-8011-178D8409BF92-9622-00000C9AD104CD87.jpg
Where is your tachometer?.

Back