Anyone try switching tack and speedometer?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supervetteracer

Reaction score
Sounds dumb and my experience on this bike has been one terrible ride home with dirty carbs. (Just fixed) But two things seemed obvious to me:
1. The handlebars on these bikes are simple too narrow.
2. The tach is more important than the speedometer, but you have this HUGE speedometer in front of you and some tiny tack off and down to the right..:ummm:

Seems that someone should make a kit that allows you to change these. Has this been made?

Not sure how long you have been active on the forums but there are many.., and I mean many mods for this bike.

There are several links at the bottom of the site you can go to and find what you need.

Sounds dumb and my experience on this bike has been one terrible ride home with dirty carbs. (Just fixed) But two things seemed obvious to me:
1. The handlebars on these bikes are simple too narrow.
2. The tach is more important than the speedometer, but you have this HUGE speedometer in front of you and some tiny tack off and down to the right..:ummm:

Seems that someone should make a kit that allows you to change these. Has this been made?

try a digital multifunction speedo, I have one with a speedo, tachometer, thermometer, 2 shift lights, 2 temperature warning lights, a clock, air temperature and water or oil temperature.

as for a wider handle bar the stock is 27 inchs try a 31 inch one that might do it for you.

1. The handlebars on these bikes are simple too narrow. - there are vendors on this forum that sell wider bars, a lot of people like how they feel. This is very easy fix.
2. The tach is more important than the speedometer, but you have this HUGE speedometer in front of you and some tiny tack off and down to the right..:ummm: - how about a shift light? They're inexpensive and install a lot simpler than new speedo/tach combo.
QUOTE]

Attachments

• (12) SST Shitf light.jpg
    (12) SST Shitf light.jpg
    64.5 KB
  • (31) vmax finished handlebar view.jpg
    (31) vmax finished handlebar view.jpg
    64.6 KB
Python sells a nice handlebar for the Max...it's a couple in wider and has a bit "friendlier" shape. I have it on my bike, love it. Better leverage and very comfortable.

People have put giant tachs up where the speedo is. I've seen a couple that are like the gen2...a big analog tach with a digital speed readout that seem like a nice solution.

I have a Raptor shift light on the side of my speedo. Works well, and it's gotten soaked loads of times with no ill effects(sometimes it wacks out after washing or riding in heavy rain, but it's always fine when it dries out)

I like the dial speedometer on the bike, to me it jives well with the overall musclebike feel and look. Plus I didn't want to lose the odometer.

Wonder if you can program mileage into aftermarket gauges

Well, not sure if you can call it "programming" but I attached the magnets to my buffer/grinder (spins at 10,000rpm or something like that) then set the wheel diameter in my speedo to the fastest possible, let it run for few hours and voila my actual mileage was "programmed" :punk:There was no way to actually input starting mileage on my speedo so that's the only way I could think off. I suppose you could put your bike on wheelstand and let it run but it would take too damn long.

Hahaha good idea man, lol i was wondering the same thing now i would know lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Python sells a nice handlebar for the Max...it's a couple in wider and has a bit "friendlier" shape. I have it on my bike, love it. Better leverage and very comfortable.

People have put giant tachs up where the speedo is. I've seen a couple that are like the gen2...a big analog tach with a digital speed readout that seem like a nice solution.

I have a Raptor shift light on the side of my speedo. Works well, and it's gotten soaked loads of times with no ill effects(sometimes it wacks out after washing or riding in heavy rain, but it's always fine when it dries out)

I like the dial speedometer on the bike, to me it jives well with the overall musclebike feel and look. Plus I didn't want to lose the odometer.

On Vapor speedo you can input mileage & will not loose odometer function.

Back