average mileage out of factory brake pads?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slg888

Reaction score
Ive got 6000 miles on my vmax, should head over to garage and check pads, but thought i might ask here first. how many miles {average} on factory pads?

It depends on which pads you use and how hard you use them. Mine last 2-3 years.

Mark

Ive got 6000 miles on my vmax, should head over to garage and check pads, but thought i might ask here first. how many miles {average} on factory pads?

My advise is throw them out now and replace with EBC HH pads - much better braking and won't wear your rotors - factory pads are hard on rotors.

Mike

I get about 5000 miles out of a set of pads, I replace front and rear whenever either end needs replacing.

Most Yammy dealers carry EBC HH as standard replacement for fronts, I don't think the back pads are available in HH but i could be wrong.

Rusty

Rusty, HH is available for the rear caliper.

Mark

My advise is throw them out now and replace with EBC HH pads - much better braking and won't wear your rotors - factory pads are hard on rotors.

Mike

That's what I did with 150 miles on the thing... Best money I spent on the brakes!:thumbs up: All three calipers...

I don't remember the mileage, but after a year the oems starting squeaking and I couldn't get them to stop squeaking, they were only half way worn, so I put the EBC HH on. Haven't heard a peep out of them since.

I don't remember the mileage, but after a year the oems starting squeaking and I couldn't get them to stop squeaking, they were only half way worn, so I put the EBC HH on. Haven't heard a peep out of them since.

Is that why my rear one squawks so bad it hurts :bang head: ?
I just got it last week with 6400 miles on it, it's a 2005. :clapping:
I took the pads out and broke the glaze loose on them and the rotor with some 400 grit emory cloth, used some CRC Disk Brake Quite. Now it's just embarrassing.

One other possible cause.. the original owner had some Seeger forward controls on it. I'm thinking maybe they weren't adjust right and were draging for a long way? The dealer I bought it from took them off, anybody want them? When I looked them up I couldn't believe they cost over $600.00.

ab

I took the pads out and broke the glaze loose on them and the rotor with some 400 grit emory cloth, used some CRC Disk Brake Quite. Now it's just embarrassing.

One other possible cause.. the original owner had some Seeger forward controls on it. I'm thinking maybe they weren't adjust right and were draging for a long way? The dealer I bought it from took them off, anybody want them? When I looked them up I couldn't believe they cost over $600.00.

ab

Yeah I just gave up on mine...
New Pads aren't that much money, and well worth the lack of embarrassing squeeeeeeeeeek!

ab

Put them for sale in THIS section and you should find a suckerrrrrr... I mean someone to buy them...:whistlin:

Latest posts

Back