Best Mod?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with you Bob, the seat is definately a good start.
But i think one of my best mods was the notched/braced swingarm and radials...

I would go with an aftermarket replacement seat:biglaugh:,not a cut down stock seat. Maybe somthing like the MAXGASSER.................but thats just me.:rofl_200:

To me, the question is, what are you trying to attain, better handling, comfort, speed, handling, etc... than you can figure out the best mod to compliment that.

Trust me, it starts with one mod, but it won't end with only one mod.

Mike

21Turner,
First, welcome to the best V-Max forum on the internet !
Six months ago, made the first two mods to my stock 06: 1) Mark's SS Pipes 4/2 system w/ 14" mufflers and 2) Maxgasser seat. The V-Max HAS TO sound as bad-azz as it looks and a new seat is a MUST to keep from getting a sore-azz from long trips !
I know your asking what's the one best one to do .... Love them both equally !

Comfort = aftermarket seat
Performance = brakes -> suspension/ wheels -> exhaust/ carb kit
Bling = your mod monkey will be your guide!

For those without the available coin for an aftermarket exhaust system, you can drill out the stock baffles.........Nice sound, and it's free!..........Another freebee is raising the fork tubes 3/4-1" improving handling a bit...............Tom.

if your ass is sore, a seat, if your ass is ok rims and radials.

the best mod is . do a burn out on that rear tire.
a vmax with a good tire is not being ridden hard enough.
and it lets people see the max means bussiness.

Call this guy, he'll know what to do

90301835_390f729c2d.jpg

Work on the handling of the bike first, so you don't end up in the ditch. Progressive springs for the forks. Keeps the front end from feeling like a huge marshmellow. Brakes second - R1 calipers with braided lines make for and easy 2 finger pull to stop the MAX. Seat is up there in the ranking for me also. A lower cut seat makes you feel like you sitting more in the bike then on top of it, way more comfortable. Now your ready for "bling".

Enjoy and welcome to the forum. Ask away with your questions, everyone on this forum rocks.:punk:

Darren

Shift light. Cheap, easy, and a big return in the joys of wringing out the max. Now that I have it, I dunno what I ever did without it - besides tag the limiter on the Dyna3000, which is another good mod, for the safety of the limiter alone.

I guess the handling is a toss up, if you just came off of sport bikes, you'll probably never be satisfied with the Vmax handling no matter what you do, and will spend lots of dollars getting it better. If you came from something else soft, the Max may not seem that bad at all. I've ridden a variety of stuff, but my stable over the last 2-3 years has been a nicely modded Intruder 1400, and a near stock 1200 sporster - so the max already feels superior in the braking and handling department after those bikes. I could see some definite value in progressives in the front end. The brakes seem totally adequete. Frame braces could have some value, you can feel that baby flexing when it's leaned over some and it's not perfectly smooth - to me it feels like the front and rear arn't totally connected and tracking the same, not an awesome feeling.

Of course, it's hard to argue against a great sounding exhaust...

First thing is ask yourself what you want your Vmax to do based on your riding style:

Aggressive rider: Handling, braking, and performance in that order. After all what good is a bunch of HP when you can't turn or stop!

Touring rider: Comfort, handling, and braking in that order. A comfy butt will suffice for the most part, but still nice to turn and stop:biglaugh:

Only you can determine what the best mod is for your bike. Let your inner Mod Monkey guide you!!

It really depends on how much you have to spend. One of the first things to do is get a new seat so you feel like part of the bike not sitting on top of it. That was the biggest noticeable difference. Then it just depends on what your trying to accomplish. Believe me you can spen a TON on different mods either performance or handling then after your happy with how it runs and handles there's no end to all the other options. Believe me I know. Good luck and welcome to the addiction.

Work on the handling of the bike first, so you don't end up in the ditch. Progressive springs for the forks. Keeps the front end from feeling like a huge marshmellow. Brakes second - R1 calipers with braided lines make for and easy 2 finger pull to stop the MAX. Seat is up there in the ranking for me also. A lower cut seat makes you feel like you sitting more in the bike then on top of it, way more comfortable. Now your ready for "bling".

Enjoy and welcome to the forum. Ask away with your questions, everyone on this forum rocks.:punk:

Darren
Hi, just recently brought my 06 max, it came with progressive springs front and hagon shocks on the rear so suspension mods done but I am struggling to find manufactures info for setting bike up as it feels as firm a a camel on tarmac, (and thats with an after market (soft ) seat......cna i use the manual to set up / adjust the front with the replacement springs fitted? Rear end not a problem as adjustment is more visible...
Cheers
R

Back