Bike Repairs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donaldo 5374

Reaction score
Aloha Everyone,
Newbe here & I have some questions & not sure if this is the right place. I did a bunch of work on my bike today...changed #3 carb....changed shift segment....new clutch....double d mod. My question is with a new clutch do I have to break it in for a while? The last time I had a new clutch it came with a new bike. I took it for a short ride & dam it REALLY feels different!!! The clutch NEVER felt like this. I'm not talking about the stiff clutch lever I'm talking about how this thing REALLY grabs now & I don't want to screw this up but would LOVE to crank on it!!!!! Can anyone help me????:confused2::confused2::confused2::ummm::ummm:

I just installed the PCW clutch mod, which is pretty much the same thing....as far as I know there is no break-in req'd.
Did you replace all the steel/friction plates in the order they came out (except for the half disc)?
If so, you should be good to go.

Aloha,
Yes I replaced all steel & fiber disc the same way the old ones came out...all steel disc with the sharp edge out...and pulled out the half disc & small washer & put in a extra full disc & removed that spring wire thing. Then used blue lock tite on pressure plate bolts. Like I said when I rode it last night the clutch was just wounderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks

You should have removed 4 parts total. The half friction, wire retainer, and 2 narrow (but large diam) "washers". Other then that as long as you soaked the friction plates in oil for a little while before installing you are in business to give it anything you want! Told you that it's hard to explain how much the OEM setup slips.

Sean

Back