Bike tipped over - need parts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shuriken

Reaction score
The bad:
Stopped the bike very quickly. Threw 'er into what I thought was neutral. Walk off for like 3 minutes. Was walking back and was about 20 feet away when I hear it drop into gear! You know what comes next....

The good/lucky:
It happened to be on the sidewalk right in front of my house. When it tipped over, it fell against a green utility (phone) box installed on a concrete base. So the bike did not tip completely over because it fell against that.

Parts needed:
It broke the mirror shaft, so I really only need a left OEM mirror shaft, I believe. And the bad..... it shattered my OEM wind screen...

Anybody want to PM me with offers for replacements? I got the wind screen used/mint awhile back for under $100. Is it time to go with a wind screen that is actually useful, now?

i have one mirror stem, not sure which one. i'll let u know when i get home. unless dave can chime in and he remembers which one i sent him, i have the other available.

i like the oem flyscreen. don't like full windscreens on a max, haha. u may want to take a look at what jeff did with just the bracket.

sorry man i think dave got my left one. can' thelp u with a windscreen either, i like mine! haha. anything else let me know

Thanks for the response. I liked the OEM windscreen for looks. It doesn't look so hot now and would look even worse glued back together!

:bang head:

The bad:
Stopped the bike very quickly. Threw 'er into what I thought was neutral. Walk off for like 3 minutes. Was walking back and was about 20 feet away when I hear it drop into gear! You know what comes next....

The good/lucky:
It happened to be on the sidewalk right in front of my house. When it tipped over, it fell against a green utility (phone) box installed on a concrete base. So the bike did not tip completely over because it fell against that.

Parts needed:
It broke the mirror shaft, so I really only need a left OEM mirror shaft, I believe. And the bad..... it shattered my OEM wind screen...

Sorry to hear your ride tipped.

I can't help you with the wind screen but pm me your address and I'll shoot you a left OEM mirror free, just pay it forward. I have it already boxed and ready to ship out in the morning.

Last edited:
I have National Cycle flyscreen if you're interested in that. It's the dark tinted one. You can have it for the shipping cost.

if it was the end of the year i'd give you my mirrors, but the ones i want are blue for when i paint the bike, and would look stupid with orange.

i have one mirror stem, not sure which one. i'll let u know when i get home. unless dave can chime in and he remembers which one i sent him, i have the other available.

i like the oem flyscreen. don't like full windscreens on a max, haha. u may want to take a look at what jeff did with just the bracket.
The one you sent me was the left one but, I might have another one around , if I can find it I will be happy to send it to him. I`ll look for it tomorrow.
<<Dave>>:punk:

Sorry to hear your ride tipped.

I can't help you with the wind screen but pm me your address and I'll shoot you a left OEM mirror free, just pay it forward. I have it already boxed and ready to ship out in the morning.

went for a ride, then dropped it in the box. So it's in the mail, you should see it by wednesday.

Is it me or does it seem that everyone has been dumping their
bikes lately ? Always the left side too. I'd help you out but
everything on the left broke on mine when I went down. I have
the mirror head and your welcome to that but detonated the
stem base. I never knew the right and left stems were different
length's until I bought my Koso's. Had to rotate the control forward
and extend the length to see on the right side. Weird. Fargo has
a left mirror if you can't get hooked up.
Chris

Thanks for the help and replies guys.

Yeah, it seems like there are a lot of bikes going down lately. This incident was very strange indeed but I probably got bitten by false neutral. I'm sure I'm not the first.....

It's sad to see your bike going and there isn't anything you can do about it. The OEM windshield just exploded.... Was hard to get it at the deal I got it for...

Does anyone have a clutch lever before I go buy a new OEM? I just discovered that it got bent as well up near the joint.

if no one else does i'll take a look, but i think i already gave away the clutch one. if not its yours.

however if you are going to buy new, take a look on fleabay if you are interested. they had brake/clutch combos in black or faux carbon fibre for like $9 with a few bucks to ship for the pair.

if no one else does i'll take a look, but i think i already gave away the clutch one. if not its yours.

however if you are going to buy new, take a look on fleabay if you are interested. they had brake/clutch combos in black or faux carbon fibre for like $9 with a few bucks to ship for the pair.

Off to look right now...

Is it me or does it seem that everyone has been dumping their
bikes lately ? Always the left side too.
Chris

Nah.... I'm an equal opportunity dumper... I low sided on the right, it slid a bit stopped and banged over on the left which caused ALL the damage... :biglaugh:

Chris

Latest posts

Back